NHL lockout: Your daily hockey fix for day 31
This is Day 31 of the NHL lockout, 2012 edition. Every day, we'll serve up some CBA talk and help you get your hockey fix.
This is Day 31 of the NHL lockout, 2012 edition. Every day, we'll serve up some CBA talk and help you get your hockey fix. Let's begin, shall we?
• The lockout has eaten up a total of 179 games -- 97 preseason games and 82 regular-season games. Talks will resume on Tuesday.
• Speaking of the talks, it's possible the two sides might actually have conversations about the main economic issues, something that hasn't really happened since the lockout began a month ago. Most of the talks have focused on secondary issues, but nothing will get settled until the financial issues get ironed out. [Canadian Press]
• You know what a good relationship needs? Compromise. And nobody seems willing to do that yet. [Sportsnet]
Everybody is weighing in on the NHL lockout at this point, and that includes movie director (and noted hockey fan) Kevin Smith. [ESPN]
• Jesse Spector of the Sporting News argues the NHL needs to use science to improve the game. I know what else will improve the game: Not having a lockout every seven years. [Sporting News]
• Would the NHL ever consider a luxury tax system? [PHT]
Let's rewind to 1996 and the third overtime of Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final when Uwe Krupp's innocent slap shot from the point clinched Colorado's first championship.
Saturday's showdown will serve as a rematch of one of the NHL's first-ever regular season...
Stacia Robitaille says Donald Trump told her in an elevator that she was coming home with...
Vladislav Yeryomenko was the Teddy Bear Toss goal scorer for the Calgary Hitmen
The Golden Knights are finally getting their No. 1 goalie back after a 25-game absence
Washington has won four straight, and the Kings are also on a tear right behind the Lightn...
The NHL says it's only interested in expanding to Seattle, but here's a look at all the moving...