It's a tall task for Southampton as they head North to take on a Pep Guardiola side which put six goals past RB Leipzig in the Champions League in midweek.
Southampton @ Manchester City
Current Records: Southampton 0-1-3; Manchester City 3-1
Craving even more coverage of the world's game? Listen below and follow ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Soccer Podcast where we take you beyond the pitch and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
What to Know
Southampton is 1-8-1 against Manchester City since October of 2016, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Saturday. They are meeting up for their first leg of the season at 10 a.m. ET at Etihad Stadium.
On Saturday, Southampton and West Ham United tied 0-0, good for one point each.
Speaking of close games: Man City dodged a bullet on Saturday, finishing off Leicester City 1-0. The score was all tied up at the break nothing to nothing, but Man City was the better team in the second half.
After their draw, Southampton will be looking to earn the full three points in this match.
How To Watch
- Who: Manchester City vs. Southampton
- When: Saturday at 10 a.m. ET
- Where: Etihad Stadium
- TV: USA Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Caesar's Sportsbook Odds: Manchester City -700, Draw +750, Southampton +1750
Manchester City have won eight out of their last ten games against Southampton.
- Mar 10, 2021 - Manchester City 5 vs. Southampton 2
- Dec 19, 2020 - Manchester City 1 vs. Southampton 0
- Jul 05, 2020 - Southampton 1 vs. Manchester City 0
- Nov 02, 2019 - Manchester City 2 vs. Southampton 1
- Dec 30, 2018 - Manchester City 3 vs. Southampton 1
- Nov 04, 2018 - Manchester City 6 vs. Southampton 1
- May 13, 2018 - Manchester City 1 vs. Southampton 0
- Nov 29, 2017 - Manchester City 2 vs. Southampton 1
- Apr 15, 2017 - Manchester City 3 vs. Southampton 0
- Oct 23, 2016 - Southampton 1 vs. Manchester City 1