Manchester United host Brighton on Sunday as two teams at opposite ends of the table meet in the Premier League. Thanks to a loss from Leicester on Saturday, United enter the match in second place, albeit a whopping 17 points behind Manchester City. Brighton, on the other hand are struggling in 16th place, though they've opened up a six point lead over 18th place Fulham and the relegation zone.
How To Watch
- Date: Sunday, April 4
- Time: 2:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Old Trafford
- TV channel: NBCSN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Odds: Manchester United -145, Draw +275, Brighton +430 (via William Hill sportsbook)
What to Know
Brighton & Hove Albion head to Old Trafford as one of the most hard luck sides in this season's Premier League. The side only has a -4 goal difference, a better total than the four teams directly above them in the table. Their luck has begun to turn recently however as they've won their last two matches, 2-1 away to Southampton and 3-0 at home against Newcastle.
United meanwhile have not lost in the Premier League since January 27, a shock 2-1 defeat at home against Sheffield United. They've also won two matches in a row. impressive wins against fellow top of the table rival West Ham United and crosstown rival, Premier League leaders Manchester City.
Their wins bumped Brighton to 7-11-11 and Man United to 16-4-9.
Craving even more coverage of the world's game? Listen below and follow ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Soccer Podcast where we take you beyond the pitch and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
Manchester United have won five out of their last seven games against Brighton & Hove Albion.
- Sep 26, 2020 - Manchester United 3 vs. Brighton & Hove Albion 2
- Jun 30, 2020 - Manchester United 3 vs. Brighton & Hove Albion 0
- Nov 10, 2019 - Manchester United 3 vs. Brighton & Hove Albion 1
- Jan 19, 2019 - Manchester United 2 vs. Brighton & Hove Albion 1
- Aug 19, 2018 - Brighton & Hove Albion 3 vs. Manchester United 2
- May 04, 2018 - Brighton & Hove Albion 1 vs. Manchester United 0
- Nov 25, 2017 - Manchester United 1 vs. Brighton & Hove Albion 0
The game will be more competitive than their respective positions in the table might suggest, but ultimately Manchester United's talent wins out. Pick: Manchester United 2, Brighton 1