It's early in the season, but this weekend may just be the most highly-anticipated in terms of the biggest match-ups, including numerous derbies. We've got the North London Derby, Mexico's biggest rivalry, the Derby della Capitale and also a rematch of last season's UEFA Champions League final in what's going to be a jam-packed weekend. Will some of the big boys take the weekend a bit lighter with European action coming the middle of next week? Here are the five games you have to watch, along with some honorable mentions:
5. America vs. Chivas
Date: Saturday, Sept. 25 | Time: 10 p.m. ET
TV: TUDN | Live stream: fuboTV (Try for free)
Caesars Sportsbook Odds: America -145; Draw +260; Chivas +390
Why watch: America are top of the table, and Chivas can close in on the top four with a win. It's a prolific attack of the hosts against a Chivas team that is undefeated in its last four but not quite where it wants to be in attack. A set pieces could turn this one, and no shortage of goals are expected. There have been multiple goals in nine of Chivas' last 10 games.
4. Arsenal vs. Tottenham
Date: Sunday, Sept. 26 | Time: 11:30 a.m. ET
TV: NBCSN | Live stream: fuboTV (Try for free)
Caesars Sportsbook Odds: Arsenal +135; Draw +225; Tottenham +215
Why watch: Not your normal version of this derby with both clubs looking to find their form, but it is still massive to say the least. Tottenham could approach the top four with a win, while Arsenal are trying to win three in a row and get their season back on track. It should be a wild and tense atmosphere at the Emirates Stadium with the Gunners as the considerable favorites, which is surprising considering they have two goals in five league games.
3. Lazio vs. Roma
Why watch: It's the derby of the Italian capital and one that is even bigger now thanks to the high-profile managers involved. There's Maurizio Sarri with Lazio and Jose Mourinho with Roma, and the two have some history with some tension sprinkled in after a Sarri assistant coach caused a scene when they were at Chelsea and faced off against Mourinho's Manchester United. That seems past them and they are expected to be quite cordial, but who knows in such a big rivalry match.
2. Inter Milan vs. Atalanta
Date: Saturday, Sept. 25 | Time: 12 p.m. ET
Live stream: Paramount+
Caesars Sportsbook Odds: Inter -103; Draw +270; Atalanta +265
Why watch: Two of the most prolific attacks in Italy, it will be a shocker if we don't see three goals in this one, at least. Inter have nine in their last two games and are the early favorites to win the league. Can they keep this Atalanta attack quite and put together back-to-back wins against top four contenders?
1. Chelsea vs. Manchester City
Date: Saturday, Sept. 25 | Time: 7:30 a.m.
TV: NBCSN | Live stream: fuboTV (Try for free)
Caesars Sportsbook Odds: Chelsea +170; Draw +230; City +165
Why watch: It's the UCL final rematch. Everybody wants to see how these two teams match up this season after new signings such as the Blues adding Romelu Lukaku and City getting Jack Grealish. Both looks like contenders domestically and internationally, but can Pep Guardiola get a little bit of revenge on Thomas Tuchel here and not overthink it?
(All times U.S./Eastern)
Friday, Sept. 24: A game to watch in ...
- Germany: Greuther Furth vs. Bayern Munich, 2:30 p.m. (ESPN+)
- Portugal: Sporting Lisbon vs. Maritimo, 2 p.m. (GOLTV and fuboTV -- Try for free)
- Argentina: Estudiantes vs. Platense, 8:15 p.m. (Paramount+)
- England: West Brom vs. QPR, 3 p.m. (ESPN+)
Saturday, Sept. 25: A game to watch in ...
- MLS: New York City FC vs. New York Red Bulls, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN+)
- England: Manchester United vs. Aston Villa, 7:30 a.m. (Peacock)
- Spain: Real Madrid vs. Villarreal, 3 p.m. (ESPN+)
- Italy: Spezia vs. Milan, 9 a.m. (Paramount+)
- Germany: Bayer Leverkusen vs. Mainz, 9:30 a.m. (ESPN+)
- France: PSG vs. Montpellier, 3 p.m. (beIN Sports and fuboTV -- Try for free)
- Argentina: Talleres vs. Rosario Central, 2:45 p.m. (Paramount+)
- Brazil: Atlético Mineiro vs. São Paulo, 8 p.m. (Paramount+)
- NWSL: NJ/NY Gotham FC vs. North Carolina Courage, 3 p.m. (Paramount+)
Sunday, Sept. 26: A game to watch in....
- MLS: Austin FC vs. LA Galaxy, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN2 and fuboTV -- Try for free)
- England: Southampton vs. Wolves, 9 a.m. (NBCSN and fuboTV -- Try for free)
- Spain: Barcelona vs. Levante, 10:15 a.m. (ESPN+)
- Italy: Napoli vs. Cagliari, 2:45 p.m. (Paramount+)
- Germany: Freiburg vs. Augsburg, 11:30 a.m. (ESPN+)
- France: Marseille vs. Lens, 2:45 p.m. (beIN Sports and fuboTV -- Try for free)
- Argentina: Boca Juniors vs. Colon, 7:15 p.m. (Paramount+)
- Brazil: América Mineiro vs. Flamengo, 10 a.m. (Paramount+)
- NWSL: Racing Louisville FC vs. Houston Dash, 3 p.m. (Paramount+)