Raw marked the first show since WrestleMania 37 produced a host of title changes. However, one title that didn't change hands was the WWE championship as Bobby Lashley retained against Drew McIntyre.
During Monday's installment of Raw, MVP gave praise to McIntyre for his performance. McIntyre came out and admitted that he made the first mistake by allowing MVP to distract him during the match. In addition, Randy Orton, and Braun Strowman came out and all three men wanted a shot at Lashley's championship. WWE official Adam Pearce interrupted the confrontation and announced that McIntyre, Orton, and Strowman would do battle in the main event for a chance to challenge Lashley for the WWE title at WrestleMania: Backlash next month.
CBS Sports was with you all night, bringing you recaps and highlights of all the action from the new ThunderDome inside the Yuengling Center.
WWE title opportunity up for grabs
Drew McIntyre def. Randy Orton and Braun Strowman via pinfall after hitting a Claymore on Orton. Earlier in the match, Orton had put McIntyre out of the equation as he launched McIntyre over the announce desk. Orton ended up hitting an RKO on Strowman. However, as Orton was going for the pin, McIntyre came out of nowhere ironically enough and delivered a Claymore to Orton. McIntyre was then able to cover Orton to win the match.
After McIntyre won the match, MVP came out by himself and McIntyre's attention was completely on the Hurt Business mouthpiece. With his attention diverted, former Retribution members T-Bar and Mase attacked McIntyre from behind.
After being distracted by MVP in the WrestleMania title fight, McIntyre didn't exactly lose clean. With that in mind, it made sense for McIntyre to come out on top in this match. Former members of Retribution appear to have done some bidding for MVP and Lashley. Could we be seeing a reformed Hurt Business? Grade: B+
What else happened on WWE Raw?
- Bobby Lashley def. Riddle via submission with the Hurt Lock. The match was made official after Lashley had an encounter with Riddle in the backstage area earlier in the day. Lashley began pummeling Riddle before the bell even rang. Riddle was able to inflict a little bit of damage with some impressive strikes. With Lashley on the mat, Riddle went to the top rope and attempted the Floating Bro. However, the WWE champion caught Riddle and applied the Hurt Lock to earn the victory.
- Viking Raiders def. Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin via pinfall with The Viking Experience. The Viking Raiders were back together for the first time since September following Ivar being forced to undergo neck surgery. Ivar certainly didn't miss a beat late in the match and the duo earned their first win in seven months.
- Charlotte cuts a promo in the ring. "The Queen" talked about that no one compares to her in terms of talent. She added that Asuka didn't respond to her Raw women's championship challenge, but did agree when Ripley laid down the offer. Charlotte told fans to enjoy the Raw women's championship match that she should've been a part of.
- Asuka and Rhea Ripley ended in a no-contest after Charlotte attacked Asuka and Ripley. Asuka had sent Ripley into the ring post then nailed Ripley with a DDT on the ring apron to gain the upper hand. However, the two were on the outside when Charlotte shoved Asuka into Ripley and she proceeded to take out both women. Due to Charlotte's interference, Ripley retained her Raw women's championship.
- Alexa Bliss cuts a backstage promo on Alexa's Playground. Bliss tells a story about how she was rescued by The Fiend when she was lost. The Fiend protected her, but then left her for a time. Bliss alluded to the fact that she may have never needed The Fiend in the first place. Bliss also revealed that she unlocked something truly evil and introduced everyone to her new friend, who was a doll named Lily. Later in the night, Bray Wyatt returned to the "Firefly Fun House," and was happy to be back with his "true friends." Wyatt said that he feels reborn.
- The Miz and John Morrison def. Damian Priest via pinfall in a handicap match after Miz rolled up Priest. Priest was about to hit The Reckoning on Miz before Maryse grabbed Miz's legs and pulled him out of the ring. After Maryse interfered, Priest was pleading with Maryse to get off the apron and that's when a Miz rolled up Priest for the victory.
- Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler def. Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke via count out. Nia Jax was attempting to get back into the ring and slipped and fell onto the floor. Rose and Brooke were laughing at Jax then Jax became enraged. Instead of facing an angry Jax, Rose and Brooke chose to leave the ring and were counted out.
- The New Day def. Elias and Jaxson Ryker via pinfall after Woods nailed a double stomp to Elias off the top rope.