2013 NBA Trade Deadline Buzz: J.J. Redick sent to Milwaukee
The latest in the NBA Trade Deadline rumblings and deals. One-stop shopping for all the trade information.
It's deadline day! The NBA Trade Deadine is Thursday at 3:00 p.m. ET. We'll have updates on everything right here. Be sure to bookmark and refresh this sucker often to get all the latest news.
UPDATE 3:50 p.m.
- The San Francisco Chronicle reports the Warriors are expected a few "minor" trades in the coming hours.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Warriors are sending Jeremy Tyler to Atlanta.
- Berger also reports the Warriors will send Charles Jenkins to the Sixers.
UPDATE 3:00 p.m.
- The Hawks have traded Anthony Morrow to Dallas for Dahntay Jones, according to ESPN.com.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Thunder are likely to land Ronnie Brewer from the Knicks in a separate deal that will net a second-round pick for New York.
- Yahoo Sports reports Jason Collins will head with Leandro Barbosa's contract to the Wizards as part of the Jordan Crawford deal.
UPDATE 2:54 p.m.
- According to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, J.J. Redick is being dealt to Milwaukee. The Magic receive Doron Lamb, Beno Udrih and Tobias Harris, with Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith also going to Milwaukee.
- Berger reports the Hawks have not traded Josh Smith.
- According to the Charlotte Observer, the Bobcats are dealing Hakim Warrick to Indiana for Josh McRoberts.
UPDATE 2:45 p.m.
- NBA.com reports nothing doing on the Andrea Bargnani front.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports Evan Turner's name has been "all over the place" in trade talk, but nothing is expected to happen involving him.
- ESPN.com reports the Thunder and Blazers are engaged in serious discussions to send Eric Maynor to Portland.
- According to the Orlando Sentinel, the Magic and Bucks and an unknown third team are discussing a three-team trade including J.J. Redick.
UPDATE 2:32 p.m.
- The Pacers are out of the J.J. Redick sweepstakes, according to ESPN.com.
- According to WSB-TV in Atlanta, the Hawks have offers on the table for Anthony Morrow, but not as part of any Josh Smith deal.
- Warriors are unlikely to deal Jeremy Tyler, according to Yahoo Sports.
- The Mavs are said to be looking at Beno Udrih, but not until the Josh Smith dust settles with Milwaukee, according to USA Today.
- Per Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, the Spurs are "trying right up to the wire" to finding a taker for DeJuan Blair, but no luck so far.
UPDATE 2:09 p.m.
- Yahoo Sports reports the Bucks and Hawks are "seriously engaged" in discussions involving Josh Smith.
- According to USA Today, the Suns don't expect to land Josh Smith.
- NBA.com reports the Nets are still hanging on to trying to get Josh Smith but Milwaukee is in the lead.
- J.J. Redick talks are coming down to the wire with the Pacers, Sixers and 76ers most involved, per NBA.com.
UPDATE 2:00 p.m.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Nuggets aren't likely to move Timofey Mozgov.
- Reported details of the Jordan Crawford to Boston deal is emerging with Leandro Barbosa's expiring contract being what Washington receives in return, according to Yahoo Sports.
- Berger reports the Raptors are finalizing a deal to send Hamed Haddadi and a second round pick to Phoenix for Sebastian Telfair.
UPDATE 1:45 p.m.
- According to NBA.com, the Wizards will send Jordan Crawford to Boston.
- The Heat have agreed to send Dexter Pittman to Memphis for a second round pick, according to multiple reports.
- ESPN Dallas reports the Mavs are not likely in the mix for Jordan Crawford.
UPDATE 1:21 p.m.
- The Celtics and Wizards are discussing a Fab Melo for Jordan Crawford swap, according to Yahoo Sports.
UPDATE 1:12 p.m.
- Per USA Today, the Rockets are no longer in the Josh Smith running.
- Yahoo Sports reports a deadline deal for Timofey Mozgov is unlikely.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Pacers don't like the idea of giving up a first rounder for J.J. Redick.
UPDATE 1:00 p.m.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports via a league source that there's a "strong chance" that J.J. Redick stays in Orlando.
- Berger reports the Wizards are "waiting this one out" with Jordan Crawford, but have had talks with the Celtics and Mavs.
- Berger on the situation with J.J. Hickson: "No clear route out of Portland at the moment -- even if Blazers downgrade price to second-round pick."
- Via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Josh Smith on his current plans: "I'm going home. My mom made some good conch salad."
- NBA.com reports the Clippers are "unlikely" to make a deadline deal because they like their depth and want to build on their chemistry.
UPDATE 12:43 p.m.
- The Spurs have yet to finding a landing spot for DeJuan Blair, according to Yahoo Sports.
- The Blazers are still seeking a first round pick for J.J. Hickson and finding no takers, according to ESPN.com.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports a deal sending Josh Smith to Milwaukee is "unlikely" to include Monta Ellis.
UPDATE 12:27 p.m.
- USA Today reports the Magic are prepared to hold on to J.J. Redick, with no leader in the clubhouse currently for him. Though the Pacers, Bucks and Sixers still in the mix for hm.
- Yahoo Sports reports the Spurs have "fallen short" in their efforts to get J.J. Redick.
- The Bulls aren't moving Carlos Boozer and are unlikely to do anything, reports ESPN.com.
UPDATE 12:06 p.m.
- The Detroit Free-Press reports the Pistons aren't likely to move Jonas Jerebko.
- USA Today reports the Nets are on "the outside looking in" of the Josh Smith and Paul Pierce situations.
- ESPN.com reports the Pistons are out of the running for J.J. Redick.
- Yahoo Sports reports the Bucks aren't out of the J.J. Redick sweepstakes, but have taken a step back.
- The Wizards have talked to the Celtics and Mavericks about a Jordan Crawford deal, according to USA Today.
UPDATE 11:54 a.m.
- So much for Tyreke Evans to Boston. The Sac Bee reports that Evans will not be traded.
- The Warriors are shopping Jeremy Tyler, Yahoo Sports reports. USA Today adds that Charles Jenkins is being offered as well, both for tax purposes.
- ESPN.com reports the Raptors are likely to send Hamed Haddadi and a second rounder to Phoenix for Sebastian Telfair.
- If the Nets don't land Josh Smith, they're unlikely to do anything at the deadline, according to Yahoo Sports.
UPDATE 11:06 a.m.
- Miami has expressed interest in Timofey Mozgov, Yahoo Sports reports.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Bulls have "cooled" on J.J. Redick.
- ESPN.com reports the Celtics have interest in Tyreke Evans.
- The Boston Herald reports there's been a late push by the Celtics to engage the Clippers in trade negotiations. What for? Not known yet.
- NBA.com reports the Rockets won't flip newly acquired Thomas Robinson.
UPDATE 10:25 a.m.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Bucks keep "upping the ante" when it comes to J.J. Redick. He notes that their interest in Redick was contingent upon getting Josh Smith, which could indicate progress on that front.
- ESPN reports that the Celtics are dangling Fab Melo to get a shooter, and have targeted Wizards gunner-without-a-cause Jordan Crawford.
- ESPN notes that the Suns have released Luke Zeller to make room for Marcus Morris.
UPDATE 10:03 a.m.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Portland Trail Blazers are having a problem finding a first round pick for big man J.J. Hickson.
- Yahoo Sports is reporting the Orlando Magic have "secured offers of first round picks" for shooting guard J.J. Redick.
- ESPN.com is reporting the Milwaukee Bucks could be looking to trade point guard Beno Udrih to the Dallas Mavericks if they aren't able to use him as part of a bigger deal to land Josh Smith from the Atlanta Hawks.
- Sam Amick of USA Today says the Oklahoma City Thunder are having troubles securing a first round pick for backup point guard Eric Maynor.
UPDATE 9:38 a.m.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Rockets are involved "at a high level" for Josh Smith after their trade last night to acquire an extra second-round pick and with the flexibility Thomas Robinson affords them. The trick is that Houston has the cap space this summer to sign Smith, who will be a free agent, anyway. So they have leverage to negotiate a deal that's good for them without surrendering too much. What's the upside in getting Smith now? You essentially lock him in with his bird rights and the advantages Smith's team will have once he hits free agency. Adding Smith would give them the running mate to James Harden they're going to need at some point earlier, and give them a better wing defender and low-post scoring presence. It would be a coup if Morey can get him at the right price.
- Yahoo reports that Toronto has emerged as a candidate to trade for Phoenix guard Sebastian Telfair.
- ESPN reports that San Antonio is a late addition to the J.J. Redick sweepstakes. Redick fits perfectly with San Antonio's culture and system, and would give them a significant upgrade to their second-unit, allowing them to limit Gary Neal's minutes.
The rapper and businessman had contracts with the Hornets and Raptors in the late 1990s
Cleveland's point guard is looking in the mirror
In 1990, the Rockets' Hall of Famer achieved the feat with points, rebounds, assists, and...
Also, the Spurs are still deadly, and the Cavs have some flaws to overcome
Golden State is reportedly hoping he'll come back for the final three games
Odom also talked about his drug use and the end of his marriage to Khloe Kardashian