Boise State @ New Mexico
Current Records: Boise State 11-4; New Mexico 7-9
What to Know
The Boise State Broncos won both of their matches against the New Mexico Lobos last season (77-53 and 89-52) and are aiming for the same result Saturday. Boise State's road trip will continue as they head to The Pit at 5:30 p.m. ET to face off against New Mexico. The Broncos will be strutting in after a victory while New Mexico will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Boise State didn't have too much trouble with the Nevada Wolf Pack on the road on Wednesday as they won 85-70. Boise State's success was spearheaded by the efforts of guard Marcus Shaver Jr., who had 28 points, and guard Emmanuel Akot, who had 23 points and five assists.
Meanwhile, a win for the Lobos just wasn't in the stars on Tuesday as the team never even grasped a temporary lead. Things couldn't have gone much worse for them as they lost 85-56 to the UNLV Rebels. A silver lining for New Mexico was the play of guard KJ Jenkins, who had 26 points. Jenkins had some trouble finding his footing against the Utah State Aggies on Saturday, so this was a step in the right direction. Jenkins' points were the most he has had all season.
The Broncos are the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Boise State is now 11-4 while New Mexico sits at 7-9. A couple defensive stats to keep an eye on: Boise State comes into the game boasting the 16th fewest points allowed per game in college basketball at 59. On the other end of the spectrum, the Lobos are eighth worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 78.4 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against New Mexico.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 5:30 p.m. ET
- Where: The Pit -- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $42.35
The Broncos are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Lobos, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Broncos as a 9-point favorite.
New Mexico have won six out of their last 11 games against Boise State.
- Dec 23, 2020 - Boise State 89 vs. New Mexico 52
- Dec 21, 2020 - Boise State 77 vs. New Mexico 53
- Feb 23, 2020 - Boise State 74 vs. New Mexico 61
- Dec 04, 2019 - New Mexico 80 vs. Boise State 78
- Mar 06, 2019 - New Mexico 73 vs. Boise State 72
- Feb 06, 2018 - Boise State 73 vs. New Mexico 71
- Jan 03, 2018 - Boise State 90 vs. New Mexico 62
- Feb 14, 2017 - New Mexico 78 vs. Boise State 73
- Jan 17, 2017 - New Mexico 81 vs. Boise State 70
- Feb 17, 2016 - New Mexico 80 vs. Boise State 78
- Jan 30, 2016 - New Mexico 88 vs. Boise State 83
Injury Report for New Mexico
- Emmanuel Kuac: Out for the Season (Lower Leg)
Injury Report for Boise State
- Kobe Young: Out (Not Injury Related)
- RJ Keene: Out (Not Injury Related)