Podcast: Ken Pomeroy doesn't buy the Marshall Henderson hype
Statistical sage Ken Pomeroy makes his return to the pod Friday and this time we have to hash a few things out. There's a disagreement between the coverage and legitimacy of Marshall Henderson's play, and it's a good debate. We also gab about the array of upsets that have transformed the top of college hoops. Who says the sport is down?
|Jeff Withey and the Jayhawks took such a bad loss to TCU, does it eliminate them from the title convo? (US Presswire)|
Welcome back, loyal listeners. And welcome new listeners, too. Statistical sage Ken Pomeroy makes his return to the podcast Friday, only this time we have to hash a few things out. There's a disagreement between the coverage and legitimacy of Marshall Henderson's play, and it's a good debate. We also gab about the array of upsets that have transformed the top of college hoops this season. Who says the sport is down? Well, it does need improvement, but in certain doses, and Ken addresses that as well, in addition to a number of other hodgepodge hoops topics. You'll enjoy it, no doubt.
- From the beginning: While my I gently weep over my loss of a story, a blogger's tale of woe if there ever was one, we talk Nate Wolters' 53 points.
- 4:20: The college-basketball-needs-to-be-fixed meme is approaching a point where it's half legitimate, half played out. Let's be pragmatic in discussing what needs tweaking, not outright restructuring.
- 10:25: Top teams keep losing. Any reason why the season seems to be giving us more losing among top 10 teams? Or is it actually not as much chaos at the top as people believe? Is this still based on perception?
- 15:00: Our Marshall Henderson debate.
- 22:30: Because Kansas was embarrassed by TCU, does history mandate the Jayhawks cannot win the title?
- 27:50: My sleeper choice for the Sweet 16 -- right now.
- 31:30: More rapid fire! Yeah!
- 39:05: Wrap-up includes more therapy session for yours truly. I'm almost over it, I swear.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
The information on who harassed John Higgins will now be turned over to the FBI
Some of these future NBA picks might work out, but others won't sniff being drafted
This is a good development for Louisville, which may avoid having its coaches forced to testify...
The athletic guard withdrew from the NBA Draft late Wednesday night
Next step in the case, which began in 2011, is for UNC to face the NCAA's Committee on Inf...
We look at 40-plus teams affected by this year's NBA Draft