Georges St-Pierre officially back in UFC with new multifight deal
The former welterweight champion is ready for his comeback
Georges St-Pierre is ready for the comeback tour. The former UFC welterweight champion has agreed to terms on a multifight contract with the company, and finalized the deal, according to the Los Angeles Times and MMAFighting.com.
St-Pierre has been out of fighting since beating Johny Hendricks in 2013. He gave up his title shortly after the fight and stepped away from the sport.
Last June, St-Pierre said he was open to a return to the octagon and went through a training camp to see where he was physically.
“I always said I would come back for something big,” St-Pierre said last year. “Something that gives me the chills. Something that makes me excited. I love my sport and I still feel I’m at my best right now,” St-Pierre said. “The clock is running. I’m not getting any younger. I’m in the peak of my career and there is a shot, there is another goal, another run. I better do it and do it quick, because it is time to do it now.”
GSP (25-2) ranks second all time in most title defenses (nine) and has the most wins in title fights ever (12).
The UFC president spoke candidly about the $4 billion sale, revealing a higher bidder
Big-name celebrities to challenge former 'Challenge' winners for charity prize of $50,000
UFC Fight Night Nashville is off to a roaring start thanks to this banger
Cub Swanson and Artem Lobov are set to clash on Saturday night in Nashville
The two have been together since 2015
UFC has light heavyweight and heavyweight title fights set for their next two big shows