Notre Dame @ Georgia Tech
Current Records: Notre Dame 8-5; Georgia Tech 6-7
What to Know
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets are set to square off in an ACC matchup at 6 p.m. ET Jan. 8 at McCamish Pavilion. Notre Dame should still be feeling good after a win, while Georgia Tech will be looking to get back in the win column.
Even if it wasn't a dominant performance, the Fighting Irish beat the North Carolina Tar Heels 78-73 on Wednesday. Four players on Notre Dame scored in the double digits: forward Nate Laszewski (20), guard Blake Wesley (18), guard Dane Goodwin (17), and guard Cormac Ryan (11).
Meanwhile, the game between Georgia Tech and the Duke Blue Devils on Tuesday was not a total blowout, but with Georgia Tech falling 69-57 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. The losing side was boosted by guard Michael Devoe, who had 21 points along with seven rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Notre Dame is expected to win a tight contest Saturday. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Wednesday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the squad has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Georgia Tech's loss took them down to 6-7 while Notre Dame's victory pulled them up to 8-5. In Notre Dame's victory, Nate Laszewski shot 6-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 20 points and eight boards and Dane Goodwin had 17 points. We'll see if the Yellow Jackets have a strategy for dealing with them or if they lead their team to another successful outing.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: McCamish Pavilion -- Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: ACC Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $38.58
The Fighting Irish are a slight 1-point favorite against the Yellow Jackets, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1-point spread, and stayed right there.
Notre Dame have won seven out of their last 12 games against Georgia Tech.
- Feb 06, 2021 - Georgia Tech 82 vs. Notre Dame 80
- Feb 01, 2020 - Notre Dame 80 vs. Georgia Tech 72
- Jan 15, 2020 - Notre Dame 78 vs. Georgia Tech 74
- Mar 12, 2019 - Notre Dame 78 vs. Georgia Tech 71
- Feb 10, 2019 - Notre Dame 69 vs. Georgia Tech 59
- Jan 22, 2019 - Georgia Tech 63 vs. Notre Dame 61
- Jan 10, 2018 - Georgia Tech 60 vs. Notre Dame 53
- Dec 30, 2017 - Notre Dame 68 vs. Georgia Tech 59
- Feb 26, 2017 - Notre Dame 64 vs. Georgia Tech 60
- Jan 28, 2017 - Georgia Tech 62 vs. Notre Dame 60
- Feb 20, 2016 - Georgia Tech 63 vs. Notre Dame 62
- Jan 13, 2016 - Notre Dame 72 vs. Georgia Tech 64