2014 NFL Mock Draft 6.0: Where Johnny Manziel isn't a first-rounder
It has been a while since mock drafting Round 1 without Johnny Manziel. But here we are a day before the Texas A&M quarterback has his pro day.
This is Mock Draft 6.0.
It's the first one without Johnny Manziel in the first round. I just think there's a chance he falls out of it.
This mock includes two trades. One has the Atlanta Falcons trading up from the sixth spot to the No. 2 spot to get South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney .
The other trade comes late with Cleveland trading with Arizona to move up to get Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater , who I have falling down into the No. 20 spot.
That's a shakeup for sure.
Only two months to go, right?
1. Houston Texans -- Blake Bortles , QB, Central Florida: There are more league people believing this now more than ever.
2. Atlanta Falcons (Trade with St. Louis): Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: They make the leap ahead of Jacksonville to get Clowney.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Khalil Mack , OLB, Buffalo: After Clowney goes, they stay put and take Mack to amp up their pass rush.
4. Cleveland Browns -- Sammy Watkins , WR, Clemson: Can you imagine Watkins and Josh Gordon together?
5. Oakland Raiders -- Derek Carr , QB, Fresno State: They are too linked to him for me not to put him here.
6. St. Louis Rams (From Falcons) -- Greg Robinson , T, Auburn: He will give them a top tier tackle for a long time.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Mike Evans , WR, Texas A&M: With Mike Williams in trouble, they need another threat outside.
8. Minnesota Vikings -- Darqueze Dennard , CB, Michigan State: New coach Mike Zimmer will want to upgrade the corner spot. Dennard can help.
9. Buffalo Bills -- Jake Matthews, T, Texas A&M: He's too good a player to fall out of the top 10.
10. Detroit Lions -- Taylor Lewan , T, Michigan: They take the local kid to improve their front.
11. Tennessee Titans -- Anthony Barr , OLB, UCLA: The move to more 3-4 looks means they need an outside rusher.
12. New York Giants -- Aaron Donald , DT, Pittsburgh: I will keep him here for now after they lost Linval Joseph .
13. St. Louis Rams -- Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama: He would give them a lot of range on the back end.
14. Chicago Bears -- Tim Jernigan, DT, Florida State: They have to get better up front. They've added some bodies, but not enough.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Kyle Fuller , CB, Virginia Tech: He is a player teams are saying is rising up a lot of boards. Ike Taylor isn't a kid anymore.
16. Dallas Cowboys -- Zack Martin , G-T, Notre Dame: This would make their offensive line the strong point of the team after having so many problems.
17. Baltimore Ravens -- Ra'Shede Hegeman, DE, Minnesota: They lost Arthur Jones , so they take a bigger replacement.
18. New York Jets -- Odell Beckham, Jr., WR, LSU: They have to get some speed outside for that offense.
19. Miami Dolphins -- C.J. Mosley , LB, Alabama: They spent big on linebackers last year and didn't get much bang for their buck. Mosley could help in a big way.
20. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis through Arizona), Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: They wait, and when he falls, they move up to get him.
21. Green Bay Packers -- Eric Ebron , TE, North Carolina: Yes, he has to work out better. But there is a ton of talent.
22. Philadelphia Eagles -- Calvin Pryor , S, Louisville: Did you watch their safeties last season? He is a thumper in the run game to go with Malcolm Jenkins .
23. Kansas City Chiefs -- Brandin Cooks , WR, Oregon: He can fly and would help the offense in a big way.
24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Bradley Roby , CB, Ohio State: They take the local kid to help their aging corner situation.
25. San Diego Chargers -- Justin Gilbert , CB, Oklahoma State: They have to get better outside. Gilbert is a nice man-cover player.
26. Arizona (From Indianapolis through Cleveland): DeMarcus Lawrence, OLB, Boise State: Here's another kid scouts are starting to really like.
27. New Orleans Saints -- Dee Ford , OLB, Auburn: They have to get somebody who can come off the edge.
28. Carolina Panthers -- Cyrus Kouandijo, T, Alabama: They have to get a left tackle with the retirement of Jordan Gross.
29. New England Patriots -- Louis Nix , NT, Notre Dame: It just makes too much sense with the uncertainty with Vince Wilfork.
30. San Francisco 49ers -- Marqise Lee , WR, USC: They need help outside and Lee has a chance to be special.
31. Denver Broncos -- Ryan Shazier , LB Ohio State: There is a need for speed and they have to get faster.
32. Seattle Seahawks -- Stephon Tuitt , DE, Notre Dame: Until they add a veteran player up front, I will keep him here.
From a still great Brady to his weapons to hidden factors, the 2017 Pats could be an all-time...
Sherman reportedly still hasn't gotten over the Seahawks' Super Bowl loss to the Patriots
The Cowboys did a good job drafting Prescott, but they searched far and wide for a better 2016...
We have Tony Gonzalez and Jimmy Graham to thank for the no-dunking rule
Other candidates include Mike Glennon, Alex Smith, overtime, and the Jaguars
The Cleveland Browns quarterback has plenty of enthusiasm for his job