NHL Daily Fix: Clowe hearing today, challenge flag gaining steam?
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Monday: Ryane Clowe will have his hearing after being suspended indefinitely, more challenge flag talk and bloopers!
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• Bloopers? It's always a good time for bloopers.
• Maybe there is a little something to the idea of a challenge flags in the NHL after all. Interest seems to be growing among the decision-makers. (Globe and Mail)
• The Minnesota Wild are 8-7-2, one point back of the eight seed in the West even if it feels like more. It doesn't have Zach Parise deterred, though. He still thinks the Wild are playoff bound. (Pioneer Press)
• Since the Oscars were last night -- I couldn't care less but everybody seems to love them, so here you go -- Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau talks about all the movies up for the awards. He saw Lincoln four times. (Anaheim Ducks)
• Those Sedin twins, man, they're something else. Henrik to Daniel via an intentional icing pass off the end boards for a perfect assist.
Toronto at Philadelphia (7 ET)
Montreal at Ottawa (7:30 ET)
Dallas at Nashville (8 ET)
Edmonton at Chicago (8:30 ET)
Anaheim at Los Angeles (10:30 ET)
Our Latest Stories
Laine and the Jets came out on top in thrilling fashion in Round 1 against Matthews and the...
The 22-year-old netminder's new cap hit will be a reasonable $3.75 million per season
The seasoned veteran is only the fourth active player to reach the iconic milestone
You don't see too many like these anymore
Now the GM of Swiss club EHC Visp, Kovalev activated himself as an injury replacement
He still has his edge, but Marchand has unlocked the best parts of his game, too