NHL Daily Fix: Clowe hearing today, challenge flag gaining steam?
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Monday: Ryane Clowe will have his hearing after being suspended indefinitely, more challenge flag talk and bloopers!
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• Bloopers? It's always a good time for bloopers.
• Maybe there is a little something to the idea of a challenge flags in the NHL after all. Interest seems to be growing among the decision-makers. (Globe and Mail)
• The Minnesota Wild are 8-7-2, one point back of the eight seed in the West even if it feels like more. It doesn't have Zach Parise deterred, though. He still thinks the Wild are playoff bound. (Pioneer Press)
• Since the Oscars were last night -- I couldn't care less but everybody seems to love them, so here you go -- Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau talks about all the movies up for the awards. He saw Lincoln four times. (Anaheim Ducks)
• Those Sedin twins, man, they're something else. Henrik to Daniel via an intentional icing pass off the end boards for a perfect assist.
Toronto at Philadelphia (7 ET)
Montreal at Ottawa (7:30 ET)
Dallas at Nashville (8 ET)
Edmonton at Chicago (8:30 ET)
Anaheim at Los Angeles (10:30 ET)
Our Latest Stories
NHL history is woven into the longtime and soon-to-be-replaced home of the Detroit Red Win...
One of the biggest trade targets gets shipped to the NHL's top contender late Monday
Chicago becomes the ultimate road warrior, while the Pens look to stay healthy near the top...
Which of these wild card contenders have what it takes to get into the playoffs and cause some...
Minnesota Wild pay a big price to land Martin Hanzal, while the L.A. Kings get a big defensive...
Bovada sets the number for trades; will Kevin Shattenkirk and Gabriel Landeskog be among t...