NBA Draft Buzz: Raptors looking to move in, Mavericks out of draft
The Raptors are reportedly looking to move into the draft, while Peyton Siva deals with an ankle injury.
The latest rumors headed into Thursday's NBA Draft.
- ESPN reports the Raptors are actively pursuing acquiring a draft pick through trade, even if it's a second-rounder. The Raptors traded their pick to Houston last offseason for Kyle Lowry, and Houston the shipped it to Oklahoma City through the Harden trade. The ideal situation would of course be to trade Andrea Bargnani for one, but that's not happening. The Raptors do have some mid-level players they could deal, though.
- Lousville guard Peyton Siva has been making the rounds, doing a ton of workouts. But in Seattle for a private workout this week, he tweaked his ankle, and had to bail on a Portland workout. Siva is considered to be a second-round pick.
- ESPN has the initial list of green room invites for the draft, and the winners are:
Green room invitees: Noel, Oladipo, Porter, Len, Bennett, McLemore, Burke, Carter-Williams, McCollum & Zeller.— Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) June 23, 2013
- So no Shabazz Muhammad on that opening list, no Rudy Gobert, no Kelly Olynyk. Kind of interesting.
- ESPN also reports that the Rockets have a standing offer of a first-round pick for Thomas Robinson, who the Rockets acquired at the trade deadline for Patrick Patterson.
Our Latest Stories
The China star didn't want to toil away on Los Angeles' bench
Nos. 1 and 2 are occupied by obvious choices, but which teams round out the top 10?
Westbrook puts a lot of thought into his Halloween costume
In a roundabout way, Kerr says Lillard could win the 2016-17 MVP
Finally, the regular season is about to begin
Toronto's big man will miss an extended amount of time