Wakeup Call: Welcome to MARCH
It's Friday! Hey, want to give you a heads-up that next week will be the last for the Wakeup Call this season. I know -- you're bummed. But March is a beast. So, the good news is there will be even more posts to track on the site, and we'll extrapolate more Wakeup Call-worthy material into their own posts. Keep sending the links.
It's Friday! Hey, want to give you a heads-up that next week will be the last for the Wakeup Call this season. I know -- you're bummed. But March is a beast, and this puppy takes more than an hour to research and compile each night. So, the good news is there will be even more posts to track on the site, and we'll extrapolate more Wakeup Call-worthy material into their own posts. Keep sending the links. I greatly appreciate it: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Around the World
I love Chaos Theory. || Man in helicopter saves stranded deer on ice. Watch it happen. || Hendrix went cold at 27. I have no idea how he had the time for the drugz. Man has a deeper discography than Stevie Wonder. || "We Found Our Son in the Subway." || The people of science are now linking brains. Actual brain linkage, children. || If you'd like to know how in-the-zone I get with this glamorous blog lifestyle, know that this happened yesterday, literally across the street from my apartment, and I had no idea.
- Jeff Goodman's weekly Thursday column touches on something that I'd love to see.
- A supreme profile by Eric Prisbell on Ben McLemore, a player who has been subject of many good pieces this season. I'll have Eric on today's podcast in a bit.
- Ryan Evans injured his knee in practice. No reporters were in the gym when it happened. Did the jumping free throw cause this??
- Butler and VCU will meet for the first time (and maybe last time) as A10 opponents on Saturday. Spike Lee hung out at VCU practice recently.
- A brief semi-round of applause to the NCAA.
- This, from Thursday night, might be the best screencap of the season.
- Beyond anything, this is good PR and a necessary step for UNC's reputation. It has been doing random checks on classrooms to make sure players are attending.
- As you'd expect, the reviews on the Adidas uniforms came in, uniformly, as it were, against the design.
- But Kansas will wear them, despite the online petition to the White House not to.
- That's why I have praise for uniform continuity.
- Sing it, Kenny.
- I believe we are now at story No. 3 of Shane Larkin's relationship to his father. Expect at least nine more as we get to the NCAAs.
- Vegas bracketology is a different kind of bracketology.
- The case for expanding the NCAA tournament -- in order to save college hoops' regular season. This flirts with the notion of CBBCL.
- What about a bracket of the past 74 NCAA tournament champions? Who would come out on top?
- Jonathan Givony knows NBA draft, and he put up his latest mock on Thursday. New No. 1 -- and I'm genuinely surprised by it.
- Just one reaction: ugh. Keep this out of March as much as possible.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» Was desperate to find a hoops video late Thursday night. And just as I was about to give up, this falls in my lap. Whooo, doggies. That's Chris Roberts, previously of Bradley, flying and hammering over former Zag Will Foster in an NBDL game.
As promised, the final few Wakeup Calls this season will have music picked by my awesome followers. I know want to know more about Lotus Plaza, thanks to @DomoBENesis. Enjoy your Friday, everyone. Saturday slate is slammed with a lot of great games.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
Our Latest Stories
Connecticut flattens Oregon and is now two victories from its fifth national title in a ro...
North Carolina's point guard is dinged up with injuries to both ankles
The freshman point guard is a projected top-10 pick
SportsLine's computer ran over 10,000 simulations, and came up with a winner you might not...
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander also spent time on Kansas and Kentucky
The former Duke star trolled Kentucky after their last-second loss to UNC