NHL Daily Fix: Crazy night of comebacks, Daniel Alfredsson is God
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Wenesday: A crazy night of comebacks, Daniel Alfredsson is God and injuries galore.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• Last night was one of the wildest nights you'll see in the NHL. Teams were blowing leads like they were going out of style. See the four late equalizers in the video above. (Scoreboard)
• If you're in Canada and ask Siri what God looks like, you'll be reminded of what Daniel Alfredsson looks like. What if God was one of us, right Joan Osborne? (Backhand Shelf)
• Every time I see hockey players warming up in the tunnels before games by playing soccer, I wonder how we don't hear more often about injuries. They are lunging and diving all over the place to keep the ball off the ground. Well, it caught up to the Tampa Bay Lightning 's Ryan Malone , who is going to be out 3-4 weeks. (TampaBay.com)
• Meanwhile, Calgary Flames goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff is going to be out another two weeks with an MCL issue. (Calgary Flames)
• New York Rangers forward Brian Boyle has been a scratch for a few games in a row and he's not too pleased about it. (ESPN New York)
• The Nashville Predators just can't score and yet they're picking up points because of Pekka Rinne in goal. But he's getting a little tired of the lack of support. (Tennessean)
St. Louis Blues at Detroit Red Wings (7:30 ET, NBC Sports Net)
Dallas Stars at Calgary Flames (9:30 ET)
Our Latest Stories
Bovada sets the number for trades; will Kevin Shattenkirk and Gabriel Landeskog be among t...
Another pre-deadline trade goes down, and this time it's for some late-season offense
Three of the last 10 Stanley Cup winners welcomed new coaches during their championship se...
Pittsburgh gets the help it desperately needs, while Carolina keeps stockpiling future tal...
Aramark, Heinz Field's food provider, is featuring a face-off of city-inspired dishes for Saturday's...
Once the most favored potential Stanley Cup winner, Chicago has fallen behind Washington,...