Spring training injury update: Ryan Zimmerman wears a glove
With updates on the Angels, A's, Astros, Braves, Cubs, D-Backs, Dodgers, Mets, Nats, Rangers and White Sox.
Let's have a look at some injury-related news and notes from around spring training ...
- Los Angeles Angels : Ace Jered Weaver was knocked around by the A's on Saturday (eight runs allowed in just two innings of work). Afterward, he attributed the beating to a "dead arm." Weaver, though, isn't worried. He said he deals with such a phase each spring. (Orange County Register)
- Houston Astros : RHP Lucas Harrell , who was forced to miss his last scheduled start because of groin discomfort, tossed four no-hit innings against the Nationals on Saturday. (MLB.com)
- Oakland Athletics : LHP Brett Anderson (neck) made his first appearance since March 10. He worked 5.0 innings (62 pitches) in a minor-league game. (Jane Lee via Twitter)
- Atlanta Braves : RP Jordan Walden (back) threw live batting practice on Saturday. He'll require at least one more incident-free BP session before appearing in a game. (David O'Brien via Twitter)
- Chicago Cubs : OF Brett Jackson is going to be out of action for the next week or so because of an inflamed right shoulder. (Patrick Mooney via Twitter)
- Arizona Diamondbacks : RHP Ian Kennedy was forced from his Saturday start after a batted ball struck his left leg. He was later diagnosed with a contusion and should be able to make his next scheduled start. (MLB.com)
- Los Angeles Dodgers : Sunday could be a big day for the Dodgers, as OF Carl Crawford (elbow) could see his first action of the spring at DH. Elsewhere, RHP Zack Greinke (elbow) might be able to throw a light bullpen session on Sunday. (Los Angeles Times)
- New York Mets : 3B Justin Turner , the replacement for the injured David Wright, sprained his right ankle against the Marlins on Saturday. He was sent to the hospital for precautionary X-rays, and it's not yet certain how long he'll be out. (CBSSports.com wire reports)
- Washington Nationals : 3B Ryan Zimmerman , who's recovering from shoulder surgery, on Saturday was able to play the field for the first time this spring. Zimmerman boasts a healthy spring OPS of 1.167 in 24 plate appearances … After battling a dead arm following his rough start on Friday, RHP Dan Haren said he felt better on Saturday. He's on target to start Thursday against Atlanta. (MLB.com)
- Texas Rangers : RHP Kyle McClellan has been diagnosed with a strained throwing-side lat muscle. He's expected to be shut down for the next three to four weeks. (Jeff Wilson via Twitter)
- Chicago White Sox : Lefty John Danks , who's recovering from shoulder surgery, might open the season on the disabled list. The decision will be based on how much progress Danks shows in his final three starts of spring training. (Chicago Sun-Times)
For more baseball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnBaseball on Twitter, subscribe to the RSS feed and "like" us on Facebook. Also, individually interact with us on Twitter: @MattSnyder27, @daynperry and @mikeaxisa.