The Olympics are back on schedule with XXIV Olympic Winter Games taking place in Beijing, just a few months after the rescheduled 2020 Summer Olympics took place in Tokyo. There have been a myriad of hurdles to putting on these Games, from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic to a United States diplomatic boycott of the event over alleged human rights abuses in China.
Despite the U.S. not sending a diplomatic delegation to represent the government in Beijing, Team USA will be there competing for gold in 107 events across 15 disciplines in the seven Winter Olympic sports: Biathalon, Bobsledding, Curling, Ice Hockey, Luge, Skating and Skiing.
Reigning Olympic champions Mikaela Shiffrin (giant slalom) and the U.S. Women's hockey team headline a host of American athletes looking to repeat at the top of the podium, while other look to take home Olympic gold for the first time.
The 18-day event will have eyes from around the world on Beijing and can be seen on NBC and streamed on fuboTV (try for free). You can stick with CBS Sports to follow along to see which nation tops the medal table, who brings home the gold and which athletes from the U.S. and around the world etch their names in Olympic history.
How to watch the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Date: Various dates between Wednesday, Feb. 2 and Sunday, Feb. 20
- Time: Various times
- Location: Beijing
- TV channel: NBC Sports
- Streaming: fuboTV (try free for 7 days), Peacock
Olympics key events daily schedule
(All dates U.S. and all times eastern)
Day 17: Feb. 19
- Men's curling gold medal game - 1 a.m.
- Men's and women's speedskating mass start - 2 a.m.
- Pairs figure skating free skate final - 6 a.m.
- Women's curling bronze medal game - 8 a.m.
- Men's hockey bronze medal game - 8 a.m.
- Women's curling gold medal game - 8 p.m.
- Men's hockey gold medal game - 11 p.m.
Day 18: Feb. 20
- 2022 Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony - 6 a.m.
2022 Beijing Olympics Team USA gear revealed
The 2022 Winter Olympics are officially here! Show your love for Team USA with the latest jerseys, jackets, hoodies, hats, pants and more. Get the official gear of the Olympic Games here.
We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.