Through 3 Quarters
The experts predicted a win for the Charlotte Hornets, but it's no sure thing at this point. Either team is in a position to win, but they lead against the Orlando Magic 91-88.
The top scorers for Charlotte have been point guard LaMelo Ball (18 points), small forward Gordon Hayward (18 points), and shooting guard Terry Rozier (16 points). One thing to keep an eye out for is Miles Bridges' foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Orlando has enjoyed the tag-team combination of shooting guard Gary Harris and small forward Franz Wagner. The former has 18 points, while the latter has 13 points and five assists along with two blocks.
Orlando @ Charlotte
Current Records: Orlando 7-35; Charlotte 23-19
What to Know
The Charlotte Hornets need to shore up a defense that is allowing 115.48 points per game before their contest Friday. The Hornets and the Orlando Magic will face off in a Southeast Division battle at 7 p.m. ET at Spectrum Center. Coming off of a win even when the odds were against them, Charlotte has to be feeling especially confident now that the spread is in their favor.
While not quite a landslide, the matchup between Charlotte and the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday was still a pretty decisive one as Charlotte wrapped it up with a 109-98 win on the road. Small forward Gordon Hayward was the offensive standout of the game for Charlotte, picking up 30 points and seven assists.
Meanwhile, Orlando was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Wednesday as they fell 112-106 to the Washington Wizards. Point guard Cole Anthony (19 points) and shooting guard Terrence Ross (17 points) were the top scorers for the Magic.
This next matchup looks promising for the Hornets, who are favored by a full 11 points. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a four-game streak of ATS wins.
Charlotte's victory lifted them to 23-19 while Orlando's defeat dropped them down to 7-35. We'll see if Charlotte can repeat their recent success or if Orlando bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Spectrum Center -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.00
The Hornets are a big 11-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hornets as a 10.5-point favorite.
Charlotte have won 17 out of their last 23 games against Orlando.
- Nov 24, 2021 - Charlotte 106 vs. Orlando 99
- Oct 27, 2021 - Charlotte 120 vs. Orlando 111
- May 07, 2021 - Charlotte 122 vs. Orlando 112
- Jan 25, 2021 - Orlando 117 vs. Charlotte 108
- Jan 24, 2021 - Charlotte 107 vs. Orlando 104
- Feb 03, 2020 - Orlando 112 vs. Charlotte 100
- Jan 20, 2020 - Orlando 106 vs. Charlotte 83
- Apr 10, 2019 - Orlando 122 vs. Charlotte 114
- Feb 14, 2019 - Orlando 127 vs. Charlotte 89
- Dec 31, 2018 - Charlotte 125 vs. Orlando 100
- Oct 19, 2018 - Charlotte 120 vs. Orlando 88
- Apr 06, 2018 - Charlotte 137 vs. Orlando 100
- Feb 14, 2018 - Charlotte 104 vs. Orlando 102
- Dec 04, 2017 - Charlotte 104 vs. Orlando 94
- Oct 29, 2017 - Charlotte 120 vs. Orlando 113
- Mar 22, 2017 - Charlotte 109 vs. Orlando 102
- Mar 10, 2017 - Charlotte 121 vs. Orlando 81
- Dec 28, 2016 - Charlotte 120 vs. Orlando 101
- Dec 09, 2016 - Charlotte 109 vs. Orlando 88
- Apr 13, 2016 - Charlotte 117 vs. Orlando 103
- Mar 16, 2016 - Charlotte 107 vs. Orlando 99
- Jan 22, 2016 - Charlotte 120 vs. Orlando 116
- Dec 16, 2015 - Orlando 113 vs. Charlotte 98
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Orlando
- Wendell Carter Jr.: Out (Hamstring)
- Mo Bamba: Out (Toe)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- E'Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)