Utah @ Arizona State
Current Records: Utah 8-9; Arizona State 5-9
What to Know
The Arizona State Sun Devils and the Utah Utes will face off in a Pac-12 clash at 4 p.m. ET Jan. 17 at Desert Financial Arena. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
The contest between the Sun Devils and the Colorado Buffaloes this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with ASU falling 75-57 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Guard Jay Heath put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 15 points.
Meanwhile, Utah lost to the Arizona Wildcats on the road by a decisive 82-64 margin.
Barring any buzzer beaters, ASU is expected to win a tight contest Monday. But bettors beware: they are only 1-4 against the spread when favored.
ASU was pulverized by Utah 98-59 when the two teams previously met in March of last year. Maybe the Sun Devils will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: Desert Financial Arena -- Tempe, Arizona
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Sun Devils are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Utes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Utah have won five out of their last eight games against Arizona State.
- Mar 06, 2021 - Utah 98 vs. Arizona State 59
- Jan 18, 2020 - Arizona State 83 vs. Utah 64
- Feb 16, 2019 - Arizona State 98 vs. Utah 87
- Jan 03, 2019 - Utah 96 vs. Arizona State 86
- Jan 25, 2018 - Utah 80 vs. Arizona State 77
- Jan 07, 2018 - Arizona State 80 vs. Utah 77
- Jan 07, 2017 - Utah 88 vs. Arizona State 82
- Feb 25, 2016 - Utah 81 vs. Arizona State 46
Injury Report for Arizona State
- Marcus Bagley: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
Injury Report for Utah
- Branden Carlson: Game-Time Decision (Abdomen)
- Bostyn Holt: Out for the Season (Knee)