Middle Tenn. @ Western Kentucky
Current Records: Middle Tenn. 13-6; Western Kentucky 10-10
What to Know
The Middle Tenn. Blue Raiders have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers and are hoping to record their first win since March 1 of 2018. Middle Tenn. and WKU will face off in a Conference USA battle at 3 p.m. ET Saturday at E.A. Diddle Arena. The Blue Raiders should still be feeling good after a victory, while WKU will be looking to get back in the win column.
It was a close one, but on Thursday Middle Tenn. sidestepped the Marshall Thundering Herd for an 81-79 victory. Middle Tenn. got double-digit scores from four players: guard Camryn Weston (19), guard Donovan Sims (17), forward DeAndre Dishman (16), and guard Eli Lawrence (10).
Speaking of close games: the Hilltoppers lost 68-65 to the UAB Blazers on Thursday on a last-minute half-court bomb from UAB's guard Jordan Walker with 0:03 left to play. One thing holding WKU back was the mediocre play of guard Dayvion McKnight, who did not have his best game: he finished with only nine points on 3-for-11 shooting in his 32 minutes on the court.
Middle Tenn. is expected to lose this next one by 6. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 6-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
Western Kentucky's defeat took them down to 10-10 while Middle Tenn.'s victory pulled them up to 13-6. In Middle Tenn.'s victory, Camryn Weston had 19 points and DeAndre Dishman had 16 points in addition to five rebounds. We'll see if WKU have a strategy for dealing with them or if they lead their team to another successful outing.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3 p.m. ET
- Where: E.A. Diddle Arena -- Bowling Green, Kentucky
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $31.00
The Hilltoppers are a solid 6-point favorite against the Blue Raiders, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hilltoppers as a 5-point favorite.
Western Kentucky and Middle Tenn. both have five wins in their last ten games.
- Jan 24, 2021 - Western Kentucky 68 vs. Middle Tenn. 52
- Jan 23, 2021 - Western Kentucky 82 vs. Middle Tenn. 67
- Jan 11, 2020 - Western Kentucky 69 vs. Middle Tenn. 53
- Feb 14, 2019 - Western Kentucky 71 vs. Middle Tenn. 63
- Mar 01, 2018 - Middle Tenn. 82 vs. Western Kentucky 64
- Jan 20, 2018 - Middle Tenn. 66 vs. Western Kentucky 62
- Feb 16, 2017 - Middle Tenn. 78 vs. Western Kentucky 52
- Jan 14, 2017 - Middle Tenn. 91 vs. Western Kentucky 76
- Feb 25, 2016 - Western Kentucky 78 vs. Middle Tenn. 72
- Jan 30, 2016 - Middle Tenn. 66 vs. Western Kentucky 64
Injury Report for Western Kentucky
- Keith Williams: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Zion Harmon: Out for the Season (Personal)
Injury Report for Middle Tenn.
- Jalen Jordan: Out for the Season (Knee)