Illinois @ Iowa
Current Records: Illinois 6-2; Iowa 7-1
What to Know
The Iowa Hawkeyes have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Illinois Fighting Illini and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 2 of last year. Iowa and Illinois will face off in a Big Ten battle at 7 p.m. ET Monday at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The Fighting Illini should still be feeling good after a victory, while Iowa will be looking to regain their footing.
Meanwhile, the Rutgers Scarlet Knights typically have all the answers at home, but this past Friday Illinois proved too difficult a challenge. Illinois took their contest at home with ease, bagging an 86-51 victory over RU. Illinois can attribute much of their success to guard Alfonso Plummer, who had 24 points, and center Kofi Cockburn, who posted a double-double on 15 boards and 13 points.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Iowa is expected to win a tight contest. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The Hawkeyes ended up a good deal behind the Fighting Illini when they played when the two teams previously met in March, losing 82-71. The defeat knocked Iowa out of the playoffs, so expect them to come at Illinois with a vengeful fire.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Carver-Hawkeye Arena -- Iowa City, Iowa
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $32.00
The Hawkeyes are a 3-point favorite against the Fighting Illini, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3-point spread, and stayed right there.
Iowa and Illinois both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Mar 13, 2021 - Illinois 82 vs. Iowa 71
- Jan 29, 2021 - Illinois 80 vs. Iowa 75
- Mar 08, 2020 - Illinois 78 vs. Iowa 76
- Feb 02, 2020 - Iowa 72 vs. Illinois 65
- Mar 14, 2019 - Iowa 83 vs. Illinois 62
- Jan 20, 2019 - Iowa 95 vs. Illinois 71
- Feb 28, 2018 - Iowa 96 vs. Illinois 87
- Jan 11, 2018 - Iowa 104 vs. Illinois 97
- Feb 18, 2017 - Illinois 70 vs. Iowa 66
- Jan 25, 2017 - Illinois 76 vs. Iowa 64
- Mar 10, 2016 - Illinois 68 vs. Iowa 66
- Feb 07, 2016 - Iowa 77 vs. Illinois 65