Podcast: Ken Pomeroy doesn't buy the Marshall Henderson hype
Statistical sage Ken Pomeroy makes his return to the pod Friday and this time we have to hash a few things out. There's a disagreement between the coverage and legitimacy of Marshall Henderson's play, and it's a good debate. We also gab about the array of upsets that have transformed the top of college hoops. Who says the sport is down?
|Jeff Withey and the Jayhawks took such a bad loss to TCU, does it eliminate them from the title convo? (US Presswire)|
Welcome back, loyal listeners. And welcome new listeners, too. Statistical sage Ken Pomeroy makes his return to the podcast Friday, only this time we have to hash a few things out. There's a disagreement between the coverage and legitimacy of Marshall Henderson's play, and it's a good debate. We also gab about the array of upsets that have transformed the top of college hoops this season. Who says the sport is down? Well, it does need improvement, but in certain doses, and Ken addresses that as well, in addition to a number of other hodgepodge hoops topics. You'll enjoy it, no doubt.
- From the beginning: While my I gently weep over my loss of a story, a blogger's tale of woe if there ever was one, we talk Nate Wolters' 53 points.
- 4:20: The college-basketball-needs-to-be-fixed meme is approaching a point where it's half legitimate, half played out. Let's be pragmatic in discussing what needs tweaking, not outright restructuring.
- 10:25: Top teams keep losing. Any reason why the season seems to be giving us more losing among top 10 teams? Or is it actually not as much chaos at the top as people believe? Is this still based on perception?
- 15:00: Our Marshall Henderson debate.
- 22:30: Because Kansas was embarrassed by TCU, does history mandate the Jayhawks cannot win the title?
- 27:50: My sleeper choice for the Sweet 16 -- right now.
- 31:30: More rapid fire! Yeah!
- 39:05: Wrap-up includes more therapy session for yours truly. I'm almost over it, I swear.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
The university also maintains that Pitino was appropriately fired
Price only made it nine games into his third season
The Wildcats won't play another currently ranked team until Jan. 10
The BC fan has a ton of apparel and gear headed his way after this putt
Durant's made a habit of making sure his alma mater is set with the latest customized gear
Ball says UCLA told him to thank Trump for getting him back to the states after shoplifting...