Miami (OH) @ No. 8 Cincinnati
Last Season Records: Cincinnati 9-1; Miami (OH) 2-1
What to Know
The Miami (OH) RedHawks are 0-5 against the Cincinnati Bearcats since September of 2015, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Saturday. They will face off at 3:30 p.m. ET Sept. 4 at Nippert Stadium to kick off their 2021 seasons. While the RedHawks were not exactly top dog last year, they did wrap up the year with a winning record of 2-1. Meanwhile, after a 9-1 record last season and an appearance in the Peach Bowl, Cincinnati is coming in with an eye to spark another quality season.
A pair of last-season stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Miami (OH) threw only one interceptions last season, the second best among all teams in the nation. But the Bearcats snagged 16 interceptions last year, the third most in the nation. We'll see which of these strengths -- offense or defense -- will win out.
Since the experts predict a defeat, Miami (OH) will need to dig deep. We'll soon see whether they can make the experts look bad.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Nippert Stadium -- Cincinnati, Ohio
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $44.00
The Bearcats are a big 22.5-point favorite against the RedHawks, according to the latest college football odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 22.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Cincinnati have won all of the games they've played against Miami (OH) in the last seven years.
- Sep 14, 2019 - Cincinnati 35 vs. Miami (OH) 13
- Sep 08, 2018 - Cincinnati 21 vs. Miami (OH) 0
- Sep 16, 2017 - Cincinnati 21 vs. Miami (OH) 17
- Sep 24, 2016 - Cincinnati 27 vs. Miami (OH) 20
- Sep 19, 2015 - Cincinnati 37 vs. Miami (OH) 33