Through 3 Quarters
The Boston Celtics were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the New York Knicks as the Celtics lead 76-60.
Boston has been riding high on the performance of shooting guard Jaylen Brown, who has almost dropped a triple-double on 16 points, 11 dimes, and nine boards. New York has been led by shooting guard Immanuel Quickley, who so far has 18 points and four assists.
This is the least points New York has had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
New York @ Boston
Current Records: New York 19-20; Boston 18-21
What to Know
The New York Knicks have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. New York and the Boston Celtics will face off in an Atlantic Division battle at 7:30 p.m. ET Saturday at TD Garden. The Knicks will be strutting in after a win while Boston will be stumbling in from a defeat.
New York is hoping for another victory. They had just enough and edged out Boston 108-105. The victory came about thanks to a strong surge after the half to overcome a 63-47 deficit. Shooting guard Evan Fournier gave his former team something to remember him by as he shot 10-for-14 from downtown and finished with 41 points and eight rebounds for New York.
The Knicks are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Orlando Magic Nov. 17 easily too and instead slipped up with a 104-98. In other words, don't count the Celtics out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: TD Garden -- Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $76.57
The Celtics are a big 8-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Celtics, as the game opened with the Celtics as a 6.5-point favorite.
Boston have won 17 out of their last 25 games against New York.
- Jan 06, 2022 - New York 108 vs. Boston 105
- Dec 18, 2021 - Boston 114 vs. New York 107
- Oct 20, 2021 - New York 138 vs. Boston 134
- May 16, 2021 - New York 96 vs. Boston 92
- Apr 07, 2021 - Boston 101 vs. New York 99
- Jan 17, 2021 - New York 105 vs. Boston 75
- Dec 01, 2019 - Boston 113 vs. New York 104
- Nov 01, 2019 - Boston 104 vs. New York 102
- Oct 26, 2019 - Boston 118 vs. New York 95
- Feb 01, 2019 - Boston 113 vs. New York 99
- Dec 06, 2018 - Boston 128 vs. New York 100
- Nov 21, 2018 - New York 117 vs. Boston 109
- Oct 20, 2018 - Boston 103 vs. New York 101
- Feb 24, 2018 - Boston 121 vs. New York 112
- Jan 31, 2018 - Boston 103 vs. New York 73
- Dec 21, 2017 - New York 102 vs. Boston 93
- Oct 24, 2017 - Boston 110 vs. New York 89
- Apr 02, 2017 - Boston 110 vs. New York 94
- Jan 18, 2017 - New York 117 vs. Boston 106
- Dec 25, 2016 - Boston 119 vs. New York 114
- Nov 11, 2016 - Boston 115 vs. New York 87
- Mar 04, 2016 - Boston 105 vs. New York 104
- Feb 02, 2016 - Boston 97 vs. New York 89
- Jan 12, 2016 - New York 120 vs. Boston 114
- Dec 27, 2015 - Boston 100 vs. New York 91
Injury Report for Boston
- Brodric Thomas: Out (Back)
- Payton Pritchard: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for New York
- Ryan Arcidiacono: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Kemba Walker: Out (Knee)
- Evan Fournier: Out (Thigh)
- Nerlens Noel: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)