Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Atlanta Hawks and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Boston Celtics 91-77.
Atlanta has enjoyed the tag-team combination of shooting guard Kevin Huerter and power forward John Collins. The former has shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and has recorded 19 points, while the latter has posted a double-double on 16 points and 11 boards. Boston has been led by small forward Jayson Tatum, who so far has 24 points along with four rebounds.
The Celtics have been used to carrying a lead into the fourth quarter lately, so we'll see how they respond to the deficit.
Boston @ Atlanta
Current Records: Boston 7-7; Atlanta 6-9
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks will stay at home another game and welcome the Boston Celtics at 7:30 p.m. ET Nov. 17 at State Farm Arena. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Hawks didn't have too much trouble with the Orlando Magic at home on Monday as they won 129-111. Atlanta's center Clint Capela looked sharp as he posted a double-double on 20 points and 16 rebounds. That makes it four consecutive games in which Capela has had at least 12 rebounds. Capela's points were the most he has had all season.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn't a dominant performance, the Celtics beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-92 on Monday. Boston can attribute much of their success to small forward Jayson Tatum, who had 23 points and five assists in addition to eight boards, and power forward Al Horford, who had 17 points along with nine rebounds.
The Hawks are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5-point margin of victory. They hadn't treated bettors all too well in the past (they are 5-10), but they might be worth taking a chance on now after beating the spread two games in a row.
The wins brought Atlanta up to 6-9 and Boston to 7-7. Atlanta is 2-3 after wins this year, the Celtics 3-3.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena -- Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: Bally Sports - Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.32
The Hawks are a 5-point favorite against the Celtics, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 4.5-point favorite.
Boston have won 15 out of their last 27 games against Atlanta.
- Feb 24, 2021 - Atlanta 127 vs. Boston 112
- Feb 19, 2021 - Boston 121 vs. Atlanta 109
- Feb 17, 2021 - Atlanta 122 vs. Boston 114
- Feb 07, 2020 - Boston 112 vs. Atlanta 107
- Feb 03, 2020 - Boston 123 vs. Atlanta 115
- Jan 03, 2020 - Boston 109 vs. Atlanta 106
- Mar 16, 2019 - Boston 129 vs. Atlanta 120
- Jan 19, 2019 - Boston 113 vs. Atlanta 105
- Dec 14, 2018 - Boston 129 vs. Atlanta 108
- Nov 23, 2018 - Boston 114 vs. Atlanta 96
- Apr 08, 2018 - Atlanta 112 vs. Boston 106
- Feb 02, 2018 - Boston 119 vs. Atlanta 110
- Nov 18, 2017 - Boston 110 vs. Atlanta 99
- Nov 06, 2017 - Boston 110 vs. Atlanta 107
- Apr 06, 2017 - Atlanta 123 vs. Boston 116
- Feb 27, 2017 - Atlanta 114 vs. Boston 98
- Jan 13, 2017 - Boston 103 vs. Atlanta 101
- Apr 28, 2016 - Atlanta 104 vs. Boston 92
- Apr 26, 2016 - Atlanta 110 vs. Boston 83
- Apr 24, 2016 - Boston 104 vs. Atlanta 95
- Apr 22, 2016 - Boston 111 vs. Atlanta 103
- Apr 19, 2016 - Atlanta 89 vs. Boston 72
- Apr 16, 2016 - Atlanta 102 vs. Boston 101
- Apr 09, 2016 - Atlanta 118 vs. Boston 107
- Dec 18, 2015 - Atlanta 109 vs. Boston 101
- Nov 24, 2015 - Atlanta 121 vs. Boston 97
- Nov 13, 2015 - Boston 106 vs. Atlanta 93
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)
- De'Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Boston
- Jaylen Brown: Out (Hamstring)
- Robert Williams III: Out (Knee)