New York @ Miami
Current Records: New York 31-42; Miami 47-26
What to Know
The New York Knicks haven't won a game against the Miami Heat since Jan. 12 of 2020, but they'll be looking to end the drought Friday. The Knicks' road trip will continue as they head to FTX Arena at 8 p.m. ET to face off against Miami. New York isn't expected to win, but seeing as the odds didn't stop them last game, maybe the team has another upset up their sleeve.
New York didn't have too much trouble with the Charlotte Hornets on the road on Wednesday as they won 121-106. Power forward Obi Toppin and small forward R.J. Barrett were among the main playmakers for New York as the former posted a double-double on 18 points and 11 boards in addition to six dimes and the latter had 30 points.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 50-50 at halftime, but Miami was not quite the Golden State Warriors' equal in the second half when they met on Wednesday. The Heat took a hard 118-104 fall against the Warriors. This was hardly the result Miami or its fans were betting on, as they were favored by 10 points over Golden State heading into this contest. Point guard Kyle Lowry put forth a good effort for the losing side as he shot 6-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 26 points and nine assists.
The Knicks' win brought them up to 31-42 while Miami's defeat pulled them down to 47-26. Two stats to keep an eye on: New York has only been able to knock down 43.70% percent of their shots, which is the fourth lowest field goal percentage in the league. The Heat's defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44.50%, which places them fourth in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FTX Arena -- Miami, Florida
- TV: MSG Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $33.00
The Heat are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Miami have won 15 out of their last 21 games against New York.
- Feb 25, 2022 - Miami 115 vs. New York 100
- Jan 26, 2022 - Miami 110 vs. New York 96
- Mar 29, 2021 - Miami 98 vs. New York 88
- Feb 09, 2021 - Miami 98 vs. New York 96
- Feb 07, 2021 - Miami 109 vs. New York 103
- Jan 12, 2020 - New York 124 vs. Miami 121
- Dec 20, 2019 - Miami 129 vs. New York 114
- Mar 30, 2019 - Miami 100 vs. New York 92
- Jan 27, 2019 - Miami 106 vs. New York 97
- Oct 24, 2018 - Miami 110 vs. New York 87
- Apr 06, 2018 - New York 122 vs. Miami 98
- Mar 21, 2018 - Miami 119 vs. New York 98
- Jan 05, 2018 - Miami 107 vs. New York 103
- Nov 29, 2017 - New York 115 vs. Miami 86
- Mar 31, 2017 - New York 98 vs. Miami 94
- Mar 29, 2017 - Miami 105 vs. New York 88
- Dec 06, 2016 - New York 114 vs. Miami 103
- Feb 28, 2016 - Miami 98 vs. New York 81
- Jan 06, 2016 - New York 98 vs. Miami 90
- Nov 27, 2015 - Miami 97 vs. New York 78
- Nov 23, 2015 - Miami 95 vs. New York 78