Through 3 Quarters
The Denver Nuggets are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they've been expecting. Sitting on a score of 86-79, they have looked like the better squad out there today, but there's still one more quarter to play.
The Nuggets have been relying on center Nikola Jokic, who has dropped a double-double on 16 points and 12 rebounds along with five dimes, and power forward Aaron Gordon, who has 14 points in addition to six boards. This makes it four consecutive games in which Jokic has had at least ten rebounds.
The top scorer for the Orlando Magic has been point guard Cole Anthony (16 points).
Denver @ Orlando
Current Records: Denver 10-10; Orlando 4-18
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Orlando Magic are heading back home. They will take on the Denver Nuggets at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday at Amway Center. Orlando has some work to do to even out the 2-10 series between these two since December of 2015, but a win here would be a good start.
The Magic were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Monday as they fell 101-96 to the Philadelphia 76ers. Small forward Franz Wagner put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 27 points and five assists along with six boards.
Meanwhile, the Miami Heat typically have all the answers at home, but on Monday Denver proved too difficult a challenge. Denver took their game against Miami 120-111. Denver's center Nikola Jokic did his thing and dropped a double-double on 24 points and 15 rebounds in addition to seven dimes. That makes it three consecutive games in which Jokic has had at least ten rebounds.
The Magic are expected to lose this next one by 8. At 2-7 against the spread at home, they are no cash cow. That said, the Nuggets aren't so hot on the road, where they are 3-6.
Denver's win lifted them to 10-10 while Orlando's loss dropped them down to 4-18. We'll see if Denver can repeat their recent success or if Orlando bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center -- Orlando, Florida
- TV: Altitude 2 Sports
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.75
The Nuggets are a big 8-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as an 8.5-point favorite.
Denver have won ten out of their last 12 games against Orlando.
- Apr 04, 2021 - Denver 119 vs. Orlando 109
- Mar 23, 2021 - Denver 110 vs. Orlando 99
- Dec 18, 2019 - Denver 113 vs. Orlando 104
- Nov 02, 2019 - Denver 91 vs. Orlando 87
- Dec 05, 2018 - Denver 124 vs. Orlando 118
- Nov 23, 2018 - Denver 112 vs. Orlando 87
- Dec 08, 2017 - Denver 103 vs. Orlando 89
- Nov 11, 2017 - Denver 125 vs. Orlando 107
- Jan 16, 2017 - Denver 125 vs. Orlando 112
- Dec 10, 2016 - Denver 121 vs. Orlando 113
- Mar 15, 2016 - Orlando 116 vs. Denver 110
- Dec 08, 2015 - Orlando 85 vs. Denver 74
Injury Report for Orlando
- E'Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
- Jalen Suggs: Out (Thumb)
Injury Report for Denver
- JaMychal Green: Game-Time Decision (Elbow)
- Austin Rivers: Out (Covid-19)
- Nah'Shon Hyland: Out (Covid-19)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out for the Season (Back)
- PJ Dozier: Out for the Season (Knee)