Washington @ Sacramento
Current Records: Washington 12-21; Sacramento 17-13
What to Know
This Friday, the Sacramento Kings are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 115.93 points per game. Their homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Washington Wizards at 10 p.m. ET Dec. 23 at Golden 1 Center. The Kings will be strutting in after a victory while Washington will be stumbling in from a loss.
The stars were brightly shining for Sacramento in a 134-120 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday. Shooting guard Kevin Huerter and center Domantas Sabonis were among the main playmakers for Sacramento as the former had 26 points in addition to five rebounds and the latter dropped a triple-double on 21 boards, 13 points, and 12 dimes. Huerter had some trouble finding his footing against the Charlotte Hornets on Monday, so this was a step in the right direction.
Meanwhile, Washington came up short against the Utah Jazz on Thursday, falling 120-112. Shooting guard Bradley Beal put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 30 points and five assists along with five boards.
Sacramento is the favorite in this one, with an expected 9-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (9-4), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The Kings didn't have too much trouble with the Wizards on the road when the two teams previously met in February as they won 123-110. Will Sacramento repeat their success, or does Washington have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- TV: NBC Sports California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $46.00
The Kings are a big 9-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Kings as an 8-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Sacramento and Washington both have seven wins in their last 14 games.
- Feb 12, 2022 - Sacramento 123 vs. Washington 110
- Dec 15, 2021 - Sacramento 119 vs. Washington 105
- Apr 14, 2021 - Washington 123 vs. Sacramento 111
- Mar 17, 2021 - Sacramento 121 vs. Washington 119
- Mar 03, 2020 - Sacramento 133 vs. Washington 126
- Nov 24, 2019 - Sacramento 113 vs. Washington 106
- Mar 11, 2019 - Washington 121 vs. Sacramento 115
- Oct 26, 2018 - Sacramento 116 vs. Washington 112
- Nov 13, 2017 - Washington 110 vs. Sacramento 92
- Oct 29, 2017 - Washington 110 vs. Sacramento 83
- Mar 10, 2017 - Washington 130 vs. Sacramento 122
- Nov 28, 2016 - Washington 101 vs. Sacramento 95
- Mar 30, 2016 - Sacramento 120 vs. Washington 111
- Dec 21, 2015 - Washington 113 vs. Sacramento 99