Houston @ Detroit
Current Records: Houston 9-20; Detroit 4-23
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons will take on the Houston Rockets at noon ET Saturday at Little Caesars Arena. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
Detroit came up short against the Indiana Pacers on Thursday, falling 122-113. Detroit's loss came about despite a quality game from small forward Saddiq Bey, who posted a double-double on 28 points and ten boards in addition to five assists.
Meanwhile, Houston lost to the New York Knicks at home by a decisive 116-103 margin. The losing side was boosted by center Daniel Theis, who dropped a double-double on 22 points and ten rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Pistons are expected to win a tight contest. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Detroit, who are 13-14 against the spread.
Detroit is now 4-23 while Houston sits at 9-20. Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Detroit has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.80% from the floor on average, which is the highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. The Rockets have experienced some struggles of their own as they are third worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 113.1 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Little Caesars Arena -- Detroit, Michigan
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.17
The Pistons are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Detroit have won eight out of their last 12 games against Houston.
- Nov 10, 2021 - Detroit 112 vs. Houston 104
- Mar 19, 2021 - Detroit 113 vs. Houston 100
- Jan 22, 2021 - Houston 103 vs. Detroit 102
- Dec 14, 2019 - Detroit 115 vs. Houston 107
- Nov 23, 2018 - Detroit 116 vs. Houston 111
- Nov 21, 2018 - Houston 126 vs. Detroit 124
- Mar 22, 2018 - Houston 100 vs. Detroit 96
- Jan 06, 2018 - Detroit 108 vs. Houston 101
- Apr 07, 2017 - Detroit 114 vs. Houston 109
- Nov 21, 2016 - Houston 99 vs. Detroit 96
- Jan 20, 2016 - Detroit 123 vs. Houston 114
- Nov 30, 2015 - Detroit 116 vs. Houston 105
Injury Report for Detroit
- Chris Smith: Out (Knee)
- Kelly Olynyk: Out (Knee)
- Jerami Grant: Out (Thumb)
Injury Report for Houston
- Christian Wood: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Armoni Brooks: Out (Ankle)
- Jalen Green: Out (Hamstring)
- Kevin Porter: Out (Thigh)
- John Wall: Out (Not Injury Related)