Through 3 Quarters
Down seven at the end of last quarter, the Portland Trail Blazers have now snagged the lead. It's still tight after three quarters, with Portland leading 82-78 over the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Trail Blazers have been relying on center Jusuf Nurkic, who has 17 points along with nine rebounds, and small forward Justise Winslow, who has 11 points in addition to seven boards and four steals. A double-double would be Nurkic's fifth in a row.
Los Angeles has been led by power forward Anthony Davis, who so far has 17 points along with six boards and three blocks. AD has also now had at least three blocks in his past three games.
Los Angeles hasn't lost 71% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this season, so a win here would be refreshing.
Los Angeles @ Portland
Current Records: Los Angeles 26-29; Portland 21-34
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers and the Los Angeles Lakers will face off at 10 p.m. ET Feb. 9 at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this game.
Rip City received a tough blow on Tuesday as they fell 113-95 to the Orlando Magic. The top scorer for the Trail Blazers was shooting guard Anfernee Simons (19 points).
Meanwhile, the matchup between Los Angeles and the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday was not particularly close, with Los Angeles falling 131-116. Los Angeles was down 109-85 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The losing side was boosted by power forward Anthony Davis, who had 22 points along with nine boards and three blocks.
Portland is expected to lose this next one by 8. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past six games, so buyers beware.
Portland is now 21-34 while the Lakers sit at 26-29. Two defensive stats to keep an eye on: The Trail Blazers have allowed their opponents to shoot 47.40% from the floor on average, which is the third highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. Los Angeles has experienced some struggles of their own as they are fourth worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 112.6 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: ROOT Sports Northwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.90
The Lakers are a big 8-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Lakers, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 6.5-point favorite.
Portland have won 17 out of their last 28 games against Los Angeles.
- Feb 02, 2022 - Los Angeles 99 vs. Portland 94
- Dec 31, 2021 - Los Angeles 139 vs. Portland 106
- Nov 06, 2021 - Portland 105 vs. Los Angeles 90
- May 07, 2021 - Portland 106 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Feb 26, 2021 - Los Angeles 102 vs. Portland 93
- Dec 28, 2020 - Portland 115 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Aug 29, 2020 - Los Angeles 131 vs. Portland 122
- Aug 24, 2020 - Los Angeles 135 vs. Portland 115
- Aug 22, 2020 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Portland 108
- Aug 20, 2020 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Portland 88
- Aug 18, 2020 - Portland 100 vs. Los Angeles 93
- Jan 31, 2020 - Portland 127 vs. Los Angeles 119
- Dec 28, 2019 - Los Angeles 128 vs. Portland 120
- Dec 06, 2019 - Los Angeles 136 vs. Portland 113
- Apr 09, 2019 - Portland 104 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Nov 14, 2018 - Los Angeles 126 vs. Portland 117
- Nov 03, 2018 - Los Angeles 114 vs. Portland 110
- Oct 18, 2018 - Portland 128 vs. Los Angeles 119
- Mar 05, 2018 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Dec 23, 2017 - Portland 95 vs. Los Angeles 92
- Nov 02, 2017 - Portland 113 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Mar 26, 2017 - Portland 97 vs. Los Angeles 81
- Jan 25, 2017 - Portland 105 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Jan 10, 2017 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 87
- Jan 05, 2017 - Portland 118 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Jan 23, 2016 - Portland 121 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Nov 28, 2015 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Nov 22, 2015 - Portland 107 vs. Los Angeles 93
Injury Report for Portland
- Tomas Satoransky: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Eric Bledsoe: Out (Achilles)
- Josh Hart: Out (Rest)
- Keon Johnson: Out (Ankle)
- Damian Lillard: Out (Abdomen)
- Marcos Louzada Silva: Out (Knee)
- Nassir Little: Out for the Season (Shoulder)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Anthony Davis: Game-Time Decision (Wrist)
- Carmelo Anthony: Out (Hamstring)
- Russell Westbrook: Out (Back)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)