Everton and Leicester City are both in the thick of the top four race in the Premier League this season. Brendand Rodgers Leicester side currently sit third on 38 points while Carlo Ancelotti's Toffees are seventh with 32 points but with two games in hand over Wednesday's opponents. A home win by Everton would see them vault into fourth place, leap frogging both Tottenham and Liverpool who don't play until Thursday.
How To Watch
- Who: Everton vs. Leicester City
- When: Wednesday at 3:15 p.m. ET
- Where: Goodison Park
- TV/Streaming: Peacock
- Odds: Everton +180; Draw +230; Leicester+155 (via William Hill Sportsbook)
What to Know
Everton took care of business against Leicester City on the road in the teams' previous meeting last month with a 2-0 win and will be looking to do the same thing back at Goodison Park. Both teams come into the current matchup in fine form with Leicester taking nine points from their list three games, the most recent the 2-0 defeat of Chelsea that effectively ended Frank Lampard's time with the Blues. Everton meanwhile haven't played a Premier League match since January 12 when they defeated Wolverhampton at Molineux 2-1 in an ugly game which saw the winning team take only five total shots.
Everton is now 10-5-2 while Leicester sits at 12-5-2. Everton is 6-2-1 after wins this season, Leicester 7-3-1.
Craving even more coverage of the world's game? Listen below and subscribe to ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Soccer Podcast where we take you beyond the pitch and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
Everton have won six out of their last nine games against Leicester City.
- Dec 16, 2020 - Everton 2 vs. Leicester City 0
- Jul 01, 2020 - Everton 2 vs. Leicester City 1
- Dec 01, 2019 - Leicester City 2 vs. Everton 1
- Jan 01, 2019 - Leicester City 1 vs. Everton 0
- Oct 06, 2018 - Everton 2 vs. Leicester City 1
- Jan 31, 2018 - Everton 2 vs. Leicester City 1
- Oct 29, 2017 - Leicester City 2 vs. Everton 0
- Apr 09, 2017 - Everton 4 vs. Leicester City 2
- Dec 26, 2016 - Everton 2 vs. Leicester City 0
Leicester may be in fine form, but Goodison is always a difficult place to take all three points. Pick: Everton 1 - 1 Leicester City
So who should you back in the English Premier League this week? And where does all the betting value lie? Visit SportsLine now to see this week's best bets for the English Premier League, all from the European soccer insider who's generated over $16,900 for $100 bettors since the 2017-18 season!