It's once again Tyson Fury's world. The "Gypsy King" retained his WBC and lineal heavyweight championships against Deontay Wilder with an 11th-round TKO on Saturday night in Las Vegas.
Fury got a much stiffer test than he saw in the rematch as the challenger dropped him twice in the fourth round and nearly finished him. But Fury managed to rally back and land the cleaner shots throughout the next few rounds before dropping Wilder in Round 10. While Wilder made it back to his feet to continue, it wouldn't be long before Fury put the finishing touches on the win with a thunderous right hand that caused the ref to instantly wave off the fight.
Can't get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including complete coverage of Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3 all week long from Las Vegas.
Meanwhile, the undercard also delivered in its own way. Another rematch at heavyweight saw a similar result play out as Robert Helenius stopped Adam Kownacki in the sixth round to move closer to a title shot. The veteran shockingly stopped Kowancki back in March 2020 and needed to repeat the feat on Saturday to be considered a legitimate threat. Helenius battered Kownacki early and often, leading the Polish powerhouse to utilize dirty tactics, which he was eventually deducted a point for after multiple low blows.
CBS Sports was with you throughout the week in Las Vegas with the latest news and updates surrounding this fight card. Thanks for following along all week.
Fury vs. Wilder 3 fight card, results
- Tyson Fury (c) def Deontay Wilder via 11th-round TKO
- Frank Sanchez def. Efe Ajagba via unanimous decision (97-92, 98-91, 98-91)
- Robert Helenius def. Adam Kownacki via sixth-round TKO
- Jared Anderson def. Vladimir Tereshkin via second-round TKO
- Edgar Berlanga def. Marcelo Coceres via unanimous decision (96-93, 96-93, 96-93)
- Vladimir Hernandez def. Julian Williams via split decision (94-96, 96-94, 97-93)
Countdown to fight night
- Brookhouse: Four biggest takeaways from the all-timer at heavyweight
- Photos show savagery of knockdowns and finish in epic third bout
- Fury, Wilder make epic ring entrances ahead of trilogy bout
- Overall fight preview and prediction for the main event
- Brookhouse: Fighters weigh in at career highs for trilogy
- Campbell: Why Wilder may have more than just a puncher's chance in third meeting
- Brookhouse: Three best bets to consider on the PPV portion of the card
- Campbell: Fury trying to prevent past demons from creeping back in
- Brookhouse: What you need to know about the loaded undercard
- Campbell: Five biggest storylines to watch in Las Vegas
- Title tilt delayed to October because of COVID-19 outbreak in Fury's camp
- Press conference involves odd, silent five-minute staredown