Michigan @ Wisconsin
Current Records: Michigan 14-10; Wisconsin 20-5
What to Know
The #15 Wisconsin Badgers lost both of their matches to the Michigan Wolverines last season on scores of 54-77 and 59-67, so they're hoping to turn the tables this season. Wisconsin and Michigan will face off in a Big Ten battle at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Kohl Center. The contest is expected to be a close one, with the Badgers going off at just a 2.5-point favorite.
The Indiana Hoosiers typically have all the answers at home, but last week Wisconsin proved too difficult a challenge. Wisconsin snuck past IU with a 74-69 win. Guard Jonathan Davis took over for Wisconsin, finishing with 30 points (a whopping 41% of their total) in addition to 12 rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Wolverines didn't have too much breathing room in their game with the Iowa Hawkeyes this past Thursday, but they still walked away with an 84-79 victory. Michigan's forward Moussa Diabate looked sharp as he had 28 points along with eight boards.
Wisconsin is now 20-5 while Michigan sits at 14-10. Two stats to keep an eye on: Wisconsin enters the matchup with only 8.6 turnovers per game on average, good for second best in college basketball. Less enviably, the Wolverines are stumbling into the contest with the fifth fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 10.1 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Kohl Center -- Madison, Wisconsin
- TV: CBS
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $68.00
The Badgers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Wolverines, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Michigan have won six out of their last ten games against Wisconsin.
- Feb 14, 2021 - Michigan 67 vs. Wisconsin 59
- Jan 12, 2021 - Michigan 77 vs. Wisconsin 54
- Feb 27, 2020 - Wisconsin 81 vs. Michigan 74
- Feb 09, 2019 - Michigan 61 vs. Wisconsin 52
- Jan 19, 2019 - Wisconsin 64 vs. Michigan 54
- Feb 11, 2018 - Michigan 83 vs. Wisconsin 72
- Mar 12, 2017 - Michigan 71 vs. Wisconsin 56
- Feb 16, 2017 - Michigan 64 vs. Wisconsin 58
- Jan 17, 2017 - Wisconsin 68 vs. Michigan 64
- Feb 28, 2016 - Wisconsin 68 vs. Michigan 57
Injury Report for Wisconsin
- Lorne Bowman II: Out (Illness)
- Matthew Mors: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Chris Hodges: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Michigan
- Terrance Williams II: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)