Theis finally underway. A field of 86 players -- reduced following the and -- is in the midst of facing the pristine Augusta National Golf Club with aspirations of slipping on the famed green jacket by Sunday. Though after the first 18 holes, the three-headed monster atop the leaderboard is not exactly the trio we expected.
Reigning Masters champion Scottie Scheffler begins Friday's second-round action three strokes behind leaders Viktor Hovland, Jon Rahm and. Hovland set the pace Thursday with his lowest career round at Augusta National, while Rahm posted the lowest score to par at the Masters after opening with a double bogey or worse, and Koepka appeared to regain the dominant form he last had a few years ago.
Rahm will aim to keep the momentum rolling into Friday at 1:18 p.m. ET alongside Cameron Young (-5) and Justin Thomas (-2) in one of the more competitive groups of the day. Hovland simply flawless alongside Xander Schauffele and 15-time major champion Tiger Woods on Thursday. While Hovland and Schauffele attempt to position themselves for a weekend run at the green jacket, Woods just hopes to be present while aiming to make the cut for a 23rd straight Masters, which would tie an all-time record.
Woods will need a mighty effort on Friday if he is to be around for the final 36 holes. His group begins Round 2 a couple spots ahead of Rahm and Co. at 12:54 p.m. And before the two European headmen get going, it is Koepka, a four-time major champion looked like his old self on Thursday, getting going once again at 8:18 a.m.
All Friday tee times were moved up 30 minutes due to potential inclement weather invading Augusta, Georgia, on Friday afternoon. As for what will happen in Round 2, an early start due to inclement weather makes it anyone's guess. Follow our Masters live leaderboard coverage for analysis and highlights throughout Friday's second set of 18 holes. You can also catch up on what happened Thursday with some .
Watch the 2023 Masters continuing Friday with Masters Live as we follow the best golfers in the world throughout Augusta National with Featured Groups, check in at the famed Amen Corner and see leaders round the turn on holes 15 & 16. Watch live on CBSSports.com, the CBS Sports App and Paramount+.
2023 Masters tee times, Friday pairings
All times Eastern
- 7:30 a.m. -- Jose Maria Olazabal, Cameron Champ
- 7:42 a.m. -- Charl Schwartzel, Taylor Moore, Aldrich Potgieter
- 7:54 a.m. -- J.T. Poston, Francesco Molinari, Bryson DeChambeau
- 8:06 a.m. -- Bernhard Langer, Mito Pereira, Ben Carr
- 8:18 a.m. -- Danny Willett, Gary Woodland, Brooks Koepka
- 8:30 a.m. -- Sepp Straka, Harold Varner III, K.H. Lee
- 8:42 a.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Tom Hoge, Si Woo Kim
- 8:54 a.m. -- Billy Horschel, Harris English, Ryan Fox
- 9:06 a.m. -- Zach Johnson, Jason Day, Gordon Sargent
- 9:18 a.m. -- Brian Harman, Joaquin Niemann, Tyrrell Hatton
- 9:36 a.m. -- Dustin Johnson, Corey Conners, Justin Rose
- 9:48 a.m. -- Matt Fitzpatrick, Collin Morikawa
- 10 a.m. -- Scottie Scheffler, Max Homa, Sam Bennett
- 10:12 a.m. -- Tom Kim, Rory McIlroy, Sam Burns
- 10:24 a.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Tommy Fleetwood, Tony Finau
- 10:36 a.m. -- Mike Weir
- 10:48 a.m. -- Vijay Singh, Scott Stallings, Matthew McClean
- 11 a.m. -- Sandy Lyle, Jason Kokrak, Talor Gooch
- 11:12 a.m. -- Fred Couples, Russell Henley, Alex Noren
- 11:24 a.m. -- Adrian Meronk, Kevin Kisner, Louis Oosthuizen
- 11:42 a.m. -- Larry Mize, Min Woo Lee, Harrison Crowe
- 11:54 a.m. -- Sergio Garcia, Kazuki Higa, Keith Mitchell
- 12:06 p.m. -- Patrick Reed, Adam Svensson, Sahith Theegala
- 12:18 p.m. -- Shane Lowry, Mackenzie Hughes, Thomas Pieters
- 12:30 p.m. -- Bubba Watson, Seamus Power, Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira
- 12:42 p.m. -- Abraham Ancer, Chris Kirk, Keegan Bradley
- 12:54 p.m. -- Tiger Woods, Viktor Hovland, Xander Schauffele
- 1:06 p.m. -- Adam Scott, Patrick Cantlay, Kurt Kitayama
- 1:18 p.m. -- Justin Thomas, Jon Rahm, Cameron Young
- 1:30 p.m. -- Hideki Matsuyama, Cameron Smith, Sungjae Im