Toledo Mud Hens to wear Chewbacca jerseys
Next weekend in Toledo will be Star Wars weekend, with the Triple-A Mud Hens wearing Chewbacca-themed jerseys. Here's a picture.
Why do we love minor-league baseball? Well, it's baseball for one. And the chance to see future stars in their early years is always fun, not to mention how cheap it is to get pretty good seats in most venues. Oh, and the promotions. Minor-league clubs need to churn out promotions in order to drum up more interest in attending the games, and the Toledo Mud Hens have a beauty coming up.
Next weekend it is Star Wars weekend for the Triple-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers.
Saturday, May 4 is "May the Fourth Be With You" Night. Sunday is "Revenge of the Fifth."
From the Mud Hens' official website, here's what is on tap:
- Mud Hens players to wear Chewbacca-themed jerseys
- Kazoo giveaway (first 3,000 fans) for postgame Kazoo-Along to Star Wars music
- Appearances by Star Wars characters from the 501st Legion, including Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Storm Troopers, and X-Wing Pilots
- Star Wars-themed face painting opportunities
- Star Wars costume photo booth
- Star Wars-themed food and beverage items, including Yoda Soda, Darth Chocolate Brownie Sundae, and MORE
- Star Wars sound effects and music throughout the game; Star Wars-themed postgame fireworks (Saturday only)
- Much, much more
Not only that, every Chewbacca-themed jersey (pictured at the top of this post) will be auctioned off, with proceeds benefitting local charities.
Done very well you have, Toledo Mud Hens. An outstanding promotion idea this is.
Hat-tip: USA Today sports
Wright was arrested at his home Friday
The former Tigers teammates were voted into Cooperstown by the 16-person Modern Era Commit...
The Yankees still have room for a good-sized signing even after Saturday's trade with Miam...
St. Louis gets some much needed help for their bullpen
Keep tabs on the top 50 free agents right here
Morrow thrived with the Dodgers last season