Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Miami Heat, but thus far the points are on their side. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Philadelphia 76ers 81-70 three quarters in.
The top scorer for Miami has been point guard Gabe Vincent (23 points).
Center Joel Embiid has led the way so far for Philadelphia, as he has posted a double-double on 17 points and 13 boards in addition to four dimes.
the 76ers have lost 79% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Miami @ Philadelphia
Current Records: Miami 16-12; Philadelphia 15-13
What to Know
The Miami Heat and the Philadelphia 76ers are even-steven against one another since November of 2015 (13-13), but not for long. Miami is staying on the road Wednesday to face off against the 76ers at 7 p.m. ET Dec. 15 at Wells Fargo Center.
The matchup between the Heat and the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday was not a total blowout, but with Miami falling 105-94 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Power forward P.J. Tucker put forth a good effort for the losing side as he shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and finished with 23 points, five dimes and nine rebounds.
Meanwhile,'s it's hard to picture a worse loss than the 126-91 bruising that the Sixers suffered against the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday. Philadelphia was down 101-75 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The losing side was boosted by point guard Tyrese Maxey, who had 23 points and seven assists.
Miami is expected to lose this next one by 7. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 6-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
Both of these teams will be looking to put their recent losses behind them and walk away with a win. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
The 76ers are a solid 7-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the 76ers, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 5.5-point favorite.
Philadelphia and Miami both have 13 wins in their last 26 games.
- May 13, 2021 - Miami 106 vs. Philadelphia 94
- Jan 14, 2021 - Philadelphia 125 vs. Miami 108
- Jan 12, 2021 - Philadelphia 137 vs. Miami 134
- Feb 03, 2020 - Miami 137 vs. Philadelphia 106
- Dec 28, 2019 - Miami 117 vs. Philadelphia 116
- Dec 18, 2019 - Miami 108 vs. Philadelphia 104
- Nov 23, 2019 - Philadelphia 113 vs. Miami 86
- Apr 09, 2019 - Miami 122 vs. Philadelphia 99
- Feb 21, 2019 - Philadelphia 106 vs. Miami 102
- Nov 12, 2018 - Philadelphia 124 vs. Miami 114
- Apr 24, 2018 - Philadelphia 104 vs. Miami 91
- Apr 21, 2018 - Philadelphia 106 vs. Miami 102
- Apr 19, 2018 - Philadelphia 128 vs. Miami 108
- Apr 16, 2018 - Miami 113 vs. Philadelphia 103
- Apr 14, 2018 - Philadelphia 130 vs. Miami 103
- Mar 08, 2018 - Miami 108 vs. Philadelphia 99
- Feb 27, 2018 - Miami 102 vs. Philadelphia 101
- Feb 14, 2018 - Philadelphia 104 vs. Miami 102
- Feb 02, 2018 - Philadelphia 103 vs. Miami 97
- Mar 01, 2017 - Miami 125 vs. Philadelphia 98
- Feb 11, 2017 - Philadelphia 117 vs. Miami 109
- Feb 04, 2017 - Miami 125 vs. Philadelphia 102
- Nov 21, 2016 - Philadelphia 101 vs. Miami 94
- Mar 06, 2016 - Miami 103 vs. Philadelphia 98
- Mar 04, 2016 - Miami 112 vs. Philadelphia 102
- Nov 21, 2015 - Miami 96 vs. Philadelphia 91
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Seth Curry: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
- Joel Embiid: Game-Time Decision (Ribs)
- Grant Riller: Out (Shoulder)
- Furkan Korkmaz: Out (Illness)
- Jaden Springer: Out (Concussion)
- Georges Niang: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Miami
- Markieff Morris: Out (Neck)
- Jimmy Butler: Out (Back)
- Caleb Martin: Out (Covid-19)
- Tyler Herro: Out (Quadriceps)
- Bam Adebayo: Out (Thumb)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)