Through 3 Quarters
Both the Chicago Bulls and the Charlotte Hornets suffered losses in their previous contests, but the Bulls are closer to making up for it. Three quarters in and Chicago's offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating Charlotte 89-76 three quarters in.
The top scorer for Chicago has been small forward DeMar DeRozan (27 points). Charlotte has been relying on point guard LaMelo Ball, who has 23 points in addition to four steals and four rebounds, and power forward Miles Bridges, who has 18 points and four assists along with four boards.
Charlotte has lost 86% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Chicago @ Charlotte
Current Records: Chicago 33-21; Charlotte 28-27
What to Know
The Charlotte Hornets haven't won a game against the Chicago Bulls since Feb. 20 of 2020, but they'll be looking to end the drought Wednesday. The Hornets' homestand continues as they prepare to take on Chicago at 7:30 p.m. ET Feb. 9 at Spectrum Center. The point spread is more or less neutral, so fans should expect a close matchup.
Charlotte ended up a good deal behind the Toronto Raptors when they played on Monday, losing 116-101. Charlotte's loss came about despite a quality game from power forward Miles Bridges, who had 25 points and five assists in addition to six boards.
Meanwhile, the Bulls were close but no cigar on Monday as they fell 127-124 to the Phoenix Suns. Chicago was down 102-83 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Their defeat shouldn't obscure the performances of small forward DeMar DeRozan, who had 38 points along with five rebounds, and shooting guard Zach LaVine, who had 32 points and eight assists along with six rebounds. The contest made it Deebo's third in a row with at least 31 points.
Charlotte is now 28-27 while Chicago sits at 33-21. A pair of offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Hornets rank second in the league when it comes to points per game, with 113.3 on average. The Bulls have displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they come into the contest boasting the highest field goal percentage in the league at 47.80%.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Spectrum Center -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.20
The Bulls are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Chicago have won 12 out of their last 22 games against Charlotte.
- Nov 29, 2021 - Chicago 133 vs. Charlotte 119
- May 06, 2021 - Chicago 120 vs. Charlotte 99
- Apr 22, 2021 - Chicago 108 vs. Charlotte 91
- Jan 22, 2021 - Chicago 123 vs. Charlotte 110
- Feb 20, 2020 - Charlotte 103 vs. Chicago 93
- Dec 13, 2019 - Charlotte 83 vs. Chicago 73
- Nov 23, 2019 - Chicago 116 vs. Charlotte 115
- Oct 23, 2019 - Charlotte 126 vs. Chicago 125
- Feb 02, 2019 - Charlotte 125 vs. Chicago 118
- Oct 26, 2018 - Charlotte 135 vs. Chicago 106
- Oct 24, 2018 - Chicago 112 vs. Charlotte 110
- Apr 03, 2018 - Chicago 120 vs. Charlotte 114
- Feb 27, 2018 - Charlotte 118 vs. Chicago 103
- Dec 08, 2017 - Chicago 119 vs. Charlotte 111
- Nov 17, 2017 - Chicago 123 vs. Charlotte 120
- Mar 13, 2017 - Chicago 115 vs. Charlotte 109
- Jan 02, 2017 - Chicago 118 vs. Charlotte 111
- Dec 23, 2016 - Charlotte 103 vs. Chicago 91
- Feb 08, 2016 - Charlotte 108 vs. Chicago 91
- Dec 05, 2015 - Charlotte 102 vs. Chicago 96
- Nov 13, 2015 - Chicago 102 vs. Charlotte 97
- Nov 03, 2015 - Charlotte 130 vs. Chicago 105
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Cody Martin: Out (Achilles)
- Jalen McDaniels: Out (Ankle)
- James Bouknight: Out (Wrist)
- Gordon Hayward: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Chicago
- Ayo Dosunmu: Out (Concussion)
- Derrick Jones Jr.: Out (Finger)
- Lonzo Ball: Out (Knee)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)
- Alex Caruso: Out (Wrist)