Through 3 Quarters
Down four at the end of last quarter, the Minnesota Timberwolves have now snagged the lead. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Memphis Grizzlies 92-81 three quarters in.
Minnesota has been led by point guard D'Angelo Russell, who so far has shot 6-for-10 from beyond the arc and has recorded 24 points and six dimes. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jaden McDaniels' foul situation as he currently sits at five.
Memphis has been relying on the performance of power forward Brandon Clarke, who has 16 points along with six rebounds.
Minnesota @ Memphis
Current Records: Minnesota 3-5; Memphis 5-4
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Memphis Grizzlies and are hoping to record their first win since March 23 of 2019. After a few days' rest for both teams, they will meet up at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 8 at FedExForum. Both teams were wiped off the court in their previous games and will be looking to bounce back in a big way.
Minnesota suffered a grim 104-84 defeat to the Los Angeles Clippers this past Friday. Center Karl-Anthony Towns (20 points) and shooting guard Malik Beasley (18 points) were the top scorers for the Timberwolves.
Meanwhile, Memphis has to be aching after a bruising 115-87 loss to the Washington Wizards this past Friday. Memphis was down 91-68 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from.
Minnesota is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
The losses put Minnesota at 3-5 and the Grizzlies at 5-4. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Timberwolves have only been able to knock down 40.90% percent of their shots, which is the third lowest field goal percentage in the league. Memphis has experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 48.70% from the floor on average, which is the highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports - North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Grizzlies are a 4.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 5.5-point favorite.
Memphis have won 15 out of their last 21 games against Minnesota.
- May 05, 2021 - Memphis 139 vs. Minnesota 135
- Apr 02, 2021 - Memphis 120 vs. Minnesota 108
- Jan 13, 2021 - Memphis 118 vs. Minnesota 107
- Jan 07, 2020 - Memphis 119 vs. Minnesota 112
- Dec 01, 2019 - Memphis 115 vs. Minnesota 107
- Nov 06, 2019 - Memphis 137 vs. Minnesota 121
- Mar 23, 2019 - Minnesota 112 vs. Memphis 99
- Feb 05, 2019 - Memphis 108 vs. Minnesota 106
- Jan 30, 2019 - Minnesota 99 vs. Memphis 97
- Nov 18, 2018 - Memphis 100 vs. Minnesota 87
- Apr 09, 2018 - Minnesota 113 vs. Memphis 94
- Mar 26, 2018 - Memphis 101 vs. Minnesota 93
- Dec 04, 2017 - Memphis 95 vs. Minnesota 92
- Feb 04, 2017 - Memphis 107 vs. Minnesota 99
- Nov 19, 2016 - Memphis 93 vs. Minnesota 71
- Nov 01, 2016 - Minnesota 116 vs. Memphis 80
- Oct 26, 2016 - Memphis 102 vs. Minnesota 98
- Mar 16, 2016 - Minnesota 114 vs. Memphis 108
- Feb 19, 2016 - Memphis 109 vs. Minnesota 104
- Jan 23, 2016 - Minnesota 106 vs. Memphis 101
- Nov 15, 2015 - Memphis 114 vs. Minnesota 106
Injury Report for Memphis
- Yves Pons: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Ziaire Williams: Game-Time Decision (Wrist)
- Killian Tillie: Out (Back)
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Hand)