Through 3 Quarters
Both the Portland Trail Blazers and the Sacramento Kings have kept the scorekeepers busy with 187 between them three quarters in. Neither squad has the game in the bag, but the Trail Blazers lead 94-93.
Rip City has been relying on center Jusuf Nurkic, who has dropped a double-double on 25 points and 17 boards, and point guard Damian Lillard, who has 25 points and eight assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is Cody Zeller's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Point guard De'Aaron Fox has led the way so far for Sacramento, as he has 21 points and five assists.
Sacramento hasn't lost 100% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a victory here would be refreshing.
Portland @ Sacramento
Current Records: Portland 10-8; Sacramento 6-12
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last four games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the Sacramento Kings at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Golden 1 Center. If the game is anything like Sacramento's 124-121 victory from their previous meeting in October, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Trail Blazers have more to be thankful for after their matchup against the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday. Portland had enough points to win and then some against Denver, taking their contest 119-100. Portland's shooting guard CJ McCollum looked sharp as he shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 32 points.
As for Sacramento, it looks like they got the smaller half of the wishbone at Thanksgiving dinner. They came up short against the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday, falling 102-94. The top scorers for the Kings were point guard De'Aaron Fox (23 points) and shooting guard Buddy Hield (21 points).
The Trail Blazers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Portland's opponents whenever they hit the road.
Portland's win lifted them to 10-8 while Sacramento's defeat dropped them down to 6-12. We'll see if Portland can repeat their recent success or if Sacramento bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- TV: NBC Sports California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.70
The Trail Blazers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Trail Blazers as a 2.5-point favorite.
Portland have won 16 out of their last 22 games against Sacramento.
- Oct 20, 2021 - Sacramento 124 vs. Portland 121
- Mar 04, 2021 - Portland 123 vs. Sacramento 119
- Jan 13, 2021 - Portland 132 vs. Sacramento 126
- Jan 09, 2021 - Portland 125 vs. Sacramento 99
- Mar 07, 2020 - Sacramento 123 vs. Portland 111
- Dec 04, 2019 - Portland 127 vs. Sacramento 116
- Nov 12, 2019 - Sacramento 107 vs. Portland 99
- Oct 25, 2019 - Portland 122 vs. Sacramento 112
- Apr 10, 2019 - Portland 136 vs. Sacramento 131
- Jan 14, 2019 - Sacramento 115 vs. Portland 107
- Jan 01, 2019 - Portland 113 vs. Sacramento 108
- Feb 27, 2018 - Portland 116 vs. Sacramento 99
- Feb 09, 2018 - Portland 118 vs. Sacramento 100
- Nov 18, 2017 - Portland 102 vs. Sacramento 90
- Nov 17, 2017 - Sacramento 86 vs. Portland 82
- Dec 28, 2016 - Portland 102 vs. Sacramento 89
- Dec 20, 2016 - Sacramento 126 vs. Portland 121
- Nov 11, 2016 - Portland 122 vs. Sacramento 120
- Apr 05, 2016 - Portland 115 vs. Sacramento 107
- Mar 28, 2016 - Portland 105 vs. Sacramento 93
- Jan 26, 2016 - Portland 112 vs. Sacramento 97
- Dec 27, 2015 - Portland 98 vs. Sacramento 94
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Richaun Holmes: Game-Time Decision (Eye)
Injury Report for Portland
- Anfernee Simons: Out (Illness)