Dallas @ Orlando
Current Records: Dallas 16-16; Orlando 13-21
What to Know
The Orlando Magic haven't won a matchup against the Dallas Mavericks since March 8 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought Monday. Orlando will take on Dallas at 7 p.m. ET at home. The Mavericks will be strutting in after a victory while Orlando will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The contest between Orlando and the Utah Jazz this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with Orlando falling 124-109 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Orlando's loss came about despite a quality game from center Nikola Vucevic, who shot 5-for-7 from downtown and finished with 34 points and eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the game between Dallas and the Brooklyn Nets this past Saturday was still a pretty decisive one as Dallas wrapped it up with a 115-98 win on the road. Dallas' point guard Luka Doncic did his thing and had 27 points and seven assists in addition to six boards.
Orlando is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in their past three games.
Orlando is now 13-21 while the Mavericks sit at 16-16. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Magic enter the game with only 16.9 fouls per game on average, which is the best in the league. But Dallas ranks fourth in the league when it comes to fouls drawn per game, with 21.4 on average. The ref's whistle might dictate the flow of action in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center -- Orlando, Florida
- TV: Fox SportsNet Florida
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Mavericks are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Dallas have won seven out of their last 11 games against Orlando.
- Jan 09, 2021 - Dallas 112 vs. Orlando 98
- Feb 21, 2020 - Dallas 122 vs. Orlando 106
- Nov 06, 2019 - Dallas 107 vs. Orlando 106
- Mar 08, 2019 - Orlando 111 vs. Dallas 106
- Dec 10, 2018 - Dallas 101 vs. Orlando 76
- Apr 04, 2018 - Orlando 105 vs. Dallas 100
- Jan 09, 2018 - Dallas 114 vs. Orlando 99
- Feb 11, 2017 - Dallas 112 vs. Orlando 80
- Nov 19, 2016 - Orlando 95 vs. Dallas 87
- Mar 01, 2016 - Dallas 121 vs. Orlando 108
- Feb 19, 2016 - Orlando 110 vs. Dallas 104
Injury Report for Orlando
- James Ennis III: Out (Calf)
- Aaron Gordon: Out (Ankle)
- Cole Anthony: Out (Ribs)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Markelle Fultz: Out for the Season (Knee)