Through 3 Quarters
The Indiana Pacers were expected to take an 'L' in this one, but so far it isn't playing out to script. Either team is in a position to win, but they lead against the Utah Jazz 90-86.
Power forward Domantas Sabonis has led the way so far for Indiana, as he has 30 points along with five boards. Sabonis is close to surpassing his season high of 33.
Utah has been led by shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who so far has shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and has recorded 25 points and eight dimes.
The Jazz haven't lost 88% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this season, so a win here would be refreshing.
Utah @ Indiana
Current Records: Utah 28-11; Indiana 14-25
What to Know
The Utah Jazz's road trip will continue as they head to Gainbridge Fieldhouse at 7 p.m. ET Saturday to face off against the Indiana Pacers. The Jazz won't have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 4.5-point advantage in the spread.
The contest between Utah and the Toronto Raptors on Friday was not particularly close, with Utah falling 122-108. Utah was up 40-25 at the end of the first quarter but couldn't hold on to the lead. The top scorer for Utah was power forward Eric Paschall (29 points). Paschall hadn't helped his team much against the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday, so this was a nice turnaround for him. Eric Paschall's points were the most he has had all year.
Meanwhile, Indiana came up short against the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday, falling 129-121. The Pacers were up 73-60 at the end of the half but couldn't hold on to the lead. Small forward Justin Holiday had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only seven points on 2-for-10 shooting in his 26 minutes on the court.
The Jazz are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Washington Wizards Dec. 18 easily too and instead slipped up with a 109-103. In other words, don't count Indiana out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse -- Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $21.00
The Jazz are a 4.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Utah have won seven out of their last 13 games against Indiana.
- Nov 11, 2021 - Indiana 111 vs. Utah 100
- Apr 16, 2021 - Utah 119 vs. Indiana 111
- Feb 07, 2021 - Utah 103 vs. Indiana 95
- Jan 20, 2020 - Utah 118 vs. Indiana 88
- Nov 27, 2019 - Indiana 121 vs. Utah 102
- Nov 26, 2018 - Indiana 121 vs. Utah 88
- Nov 19, 2018 - Indiana 121 vs. Utah 94
- Mar 07, 2018 - Utah 104 vs. Indiana 84
- Jan 15, 2018 - Indiana 109 vs. Utah 94
- Mar 20, 2017 - Indiana 107 vs. Utah 100
- Jan 21, 2017 - Utah 109 vs. Indiana 100
- Dec 05, 2015 - Utah 122 vs. Indiana 119
- Oct 31, 2015 - Utah 97 vs. Indiana 76
Injury Report for Indiana
- Isaiah Jackson: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Achilles)
- Caris LeVert: Out (Covid-19)
- Goga Bitadze: Out (Covid-19)
- Justin Anderson: Out (Covid-19)
- Torrey Craig: Out (Covid-19)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Utah
- Joe Ingles: Out (Covid-19)
- Elijah Hughes: Out (Illness)
- Malik Fitts: Out (Wrist)
- Rudy Gobert: Out (Covid-19)