New York @ San Antonio
Current Records: New York 11-12; San Antonio 8-14
What to Know
The New York Knicks have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the San Antonio Spurs at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday at AT&T Center after having had a few days off. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
This past Saturday, New York lost to the Denver Nuggets at home by a decisive 113-99 margin. The Knicks were down 92-71 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Despite the loss, they got a solid performance out of power forward Julius Randle, who had 24 points and eight assists along with seven rebounds.
San Antonio had lost two consecutive heartbreakers to the Phoenix Suns, and they left with a heavy heart again on Monday. The Spurs fell in a 108-104 heartbreaker. Point guard Dejounte Murray put forth a good effort for the losing side as he dropped a double-double on 17 points and 14 dimes in addition to six boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Knicks are expected to win a tight contest. Now might not be the best time to take New York against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
New York came out on top in a nail-biter against San Antonio when the two teams previously met in May, sneaking past 102-98. The rematch might be a little tougher for New York since the team won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: AT&T Center -- San Antonio, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports - Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $13.00
The Knicks are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Knicks as a 2.5-point favorite.
San Antonio have won nine out of their last 12 games against New York.
- May 13, 2021 - New York 102 vs. San Antonio 98
- Mar 02, 2021 - San Antonio 119 vs. New York 93
- Nov 23, 2019 - San Antonio 111 vs. New York 104
- Oct 23, 2019 - San Antonio 120 vs. New York 111
- Mar 15, 2019 - San Antonio 109 vs. New York 83
- Feb 24, 2019 - New York 130 vs. San Antonio 118
- Jan 02, 2018 - San Antonio 100 vs. New York 91
- Dec 28, 2017 - San Antonio 119 vs. New York 107
- Mar 25, 2017 - San Antonio 106 vs. New York 98
- Feb 12, 2017 - New York 94 vs. San Antonio 90
- Jan 08, 2016 - San Antonio 100 vs. New York 99
- Nov 02, 2015 - San Antonio 94 vs. New York 84
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Devin Vassell: Game-Time Decision (Thigh)
- Keldon Johnson: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Zach Collins: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for New York
- Jericho Sims: Game-Time Decision (Illness)