Through 3 Quarters
Down five at the end of last quarter, the Dallas Mavericks have now snagged the lead. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Memphis Grizzlies 84-73 three quarters in.
Point guard Jalen Brunson has led the way so far for Dallas, as he has 13 points and seven assists along with five rebounds and four steals. Point guard Ja Morant (17 points) has been the top scorer for Memphis.
Dallas @ Memphis
Current Records: Dallas 22-19; Memphis 30-14
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies are getting right back to it as they host the Dallas Mavericks at 10 p.m. ET Jan. 14 at FedExForum. The Grizzlies are out to keep their five-game home win streak alive.
Memphis was able to grind out a solid victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday, winning 116-108. Shooting guard John Konchar and power forward Jaren Jackson Jr. were among the main playmakers for Memphis as the former posted a double-double on 17 boards and 15 points and the latter had 20 points in addition to five blocks and five rebounds. Jackson Jr. has also now had at least three blocks in his past four games.
Meanwhile, things couldn't have gone much worse for Dallas as they lost 108-85 to the New York Knicks on Wednesday. Power forward Maxi Kleber wasn't much of a difference maker for Dallas; Kleber finished with only nine points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 36 minutes on the court.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Memphis is expected to win a tight contest on Friday. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on an eight-game streak of ATS wins.
The Grizzlies' win brought them up to 30-14 while the Mavericks' defeat pulled them down to 22-19. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Memphis enters the game with 10.18 steals per game on average, which is the best in the league. But Dallas ranks first in the league when it comes to steals given up per game, with only 6.6 on average. Ball control might end up being a major factor in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.64
The Grizzlies are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 3-point favorite.
Dallas have won 14 out of their last 24 games against Memphis.
- Dec 08, 2021 - Dallas 104 vs. Memphis 96
- Dec 04, 2021 - Memphis 97 vs. Dallas 90
- May 11, 2021 - Memphis 133 vs. Dallas 104
- Apr 14, 2021 - Dallas 114 vs. Memphis 113
- Feb 22, 2021 - Dallas 102 vs. Memphis 92
- Mar 06, 2020 - Dallas 121 vs. Memphis 96
- Feb 05, 2020 - Memphis 121 vs. Dallas 107
- Nov 09, 2019 - Dallas 138 vs. Memphis 122
- Apr 07, 2019 - Dallas 129 vs. Memphis 127
- Apr 05, 2019 - Memphis 122 vs. Dallas 112
- Mar 02, 2019 - Memphis 111 vs. Dallas 81
- Nov 19, 2018 - Memphis 98 vs. Dallas 88
- Mar 10, 2018 - Dallas 114 vs. Memphis 80
- Nov 22, 2017 - Dallas 95 vs. Memphis 94
- Oct 26, 2017 - Memphis 96 vs. Dallas 91
- Oct 25, 2017 - Dallas 103 vs. Memphis 94
- Apr 12, 2017 - Dallas 100 vs. Memphis 93
- Mar 31, 2017 - Memphis 99 vs. Dallas 90
- Mar 03, 2017 - Dallas 104 vs. Memphis 100
- Nov 18, 2016 - Memphis 80 vs. Dallas 64
- Apr 08, 2016 - Dallas 103 vs. Memphis 93
- Feb 06, 2016 - Dallas 114 vs. Memphis 110
- Dec 18, 2015 - Dallas 97 vs. Memphis 88
- Nov 24, 2015 - Memphis 110 vs. Dallas 96
Injury Report for Memphis
- Yves Pons: Out (Covid-19)
- Killian Tillie: Out (Covid-19)
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Dallas
- Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Covid-19)
- Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Personal)