Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Houston Rockets, but thus far the points are on their side. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Brooklyn Nets 90-73 three quarters in.
Shooting guard Eric Gordon has led the way so far for the Rockets, as he has 21 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jae'Sean Tate's foul situation as he currently sits at five.
the Nets have lost 71% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Brooklyn @ Houston
Current Records: Brooklyn 17-7; Houston 7-16
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against the Houston Rockets at 8 p.m. ET Dec. 8 at Toyota Center. The Nets won't have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 3.5-point advantage in the spread.
Things were close when Brooklyn and the Dallas Mavericks clashed on Tuesday, but Brooklyn ultimately edged out the opposition 102-99. Kudos to the oddsmakers for accurately forecasting both the winner and the close margin. Brooklyn's point guard James Harden did his thing and almost posted a triple-double on 23 points, 12 dimes, and nine boards.
A well-balanced attack led Houston over the New Orleans Pelicans every single quarter on their way to victory on Sunday. Houston came out on top against New Orleans by a score of 118-108. The Rockets can attribute much of their success to power forward Christian Wood, who shot 5-for-6 from downtown and finished with 23 points and eight rebounds, and shooting guard Eric Gordon, who had 23 points and five assists.
The Nets are now 17-7 while Houston sits at 7-16. Brooklyn is 10-6 after wins this season, Houston 5-1.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Toyota Center -- Houston, Texas
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $47.04
The Nets are a 3.5-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Nets as a 6.5-point favorite.
Houston and Brooklyn both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Mar 31, 2021 - Brooklyn 120 vs. Houston 108
- Mar 03, 2021 - Brooklyn 132 vs. Houston 114
- Dec 28, 2019 - Houston 108 vs. Brooklyn 98
- Nov 01, 2019 - Brooklyn 123 vs. Houston 116
- Jan 16, 2019 - Brooklyn 145 vs. Houston 142
- Nov 02, 2018 - Houston 119 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Feb 06, 2018 - Houston 123 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Nov 27, 2017 - Houston 117 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Jan 15, 2017 - Houston 137 vs. Brooklyn 112
- Dec 12, 2016 - Houston 122 vs. Brooklyn 118
- Dec 08, 2015 - Brooklyn 110 vs. Houston 105
- Nov 11, 2015 - Brooklyn 106 vs. Houston 98
Injury Report for Houston
- Usman Garuba: Game-Time Decision (Thigh)
- Danuel House Jr.: Out (Ankle)
- Kevin Porter: Out (Thigh)
- Jalen Green: Out (Hamstring)
- John Wall: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Rest)
- Kevin Durant: Out (Rest)
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Not Injury Related)