Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion announced Sunday that a third player has tested positive for coronavirus. Two Brighton players had previously tested positive for the coronavirus in March and April.

"It is a concern. Unfortunately we've had a third player test positive yesterday," Brighton chief executive Paul Barber confirmed told Sky Sports on Sunday.

The unnamed player will enter a 14-day long isolation. 

"Despite all of the measures that we've been taking over the past few weeks, where the players haven't been involved in any significant training at all, we've still suffered another player testing positive for the virus," Barber added.

The Premier League -- which has been suspended since March 13 due to the coronavirus pandemic -- had made clear its intentions to finish the season. Now, with the news of this latest positive test, the Premier League's plans to resume the season may be forced to be put on hold.

"So there are concerns and I think it's normal for all clubs to have those concerns," Barber told Sky Sports. "We want to make sure we do everything that we can to ensure those protocols are in place and are safe and secure and mitigate the risk as far as we can."

The Premier League was aiming to return by June 8, with the possibility of matches taking place at various neutral venues. All 20 Premier League clubs are scheduled to meet Monday to discuss potential scenarios for a return to play.