Rice @ Charlotte
Regular Season Records: Rice 15-15; Charlotte 17-13
What to Know
The Charlotte 49ers and the Rice Owls are set to clash at 6:30 p.m. ET March 9 at Ford Center at The Star in the second round of the Conference USA Conference Tourney. Charlotte is expected to win -- but not by much -- so they will need to come into the game prepared for a fight.
The 49ers came out on top in a nail-biter against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles this past Saturday, sneaking past 70-67.
Meanwhile, Rice ended up a good deal behind the Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners when they played this past Saturday, losing 82-71.
Charlotte came out on top in a nail-biter against Rice when the two teams last met earlier in the regular season, sneaking past 67-64. Will Charlotte repeat their success, or do the Owls have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Ford Center at The Star -- Frisco, Texas
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The 49ers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Owls, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Rice have won six out of their last 11 games against Charlotte.
- Jan 22, 2022 - Charlotte 67 vs. Rice 64
- Feb 15, 2020 - Rice 70 vs. Charlotte 54
- Mar 09, 2019 - Charlotte 78 vs. Rice 70
- Mar 06, 2019 - Rice 79 vs. Charlotte 70
- Jan 31, 2019 - Rice 65 vs. Charlotte 61
- Jan 06, 2018 - Rice 73 vs. Charlotte 64
- Jan 28, 2017 - Rice 84 vs. Charlotte 67
- Jan 02, 2017 - Rice 89 vs. Charlotte 70
- Mar 09, 2016 - Charlotte 79 vs. Rice 69
- Mar 03, 2016 - Charlotte 88 vs. Rice 75
- Feb 11, 2016 - Charlotte 102 vs. Rice 73