Temple @ Cincinnati
Current Records: Temple 14-9; Cincinnati 17-9
What to Know
The Temple Owls and the Cincinnati Bearcats will face off in an American Athletic clash at 2 p.m. ET Feb. 20 at Fifth Third Arena. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Temple was able to grind out a solid win over the SMU Mustangs this past Wednesday, winning 64-57. Guard Tai Strickland took over for the Owls, finishing with 27 points (a whopping 42% of their total).
Meanwhile, the Wichita State Shockers typically have all the answers at home, but this past Thursday Cincinnati proved too difficult a challenge. Cincinnati took their contest against Wichita State 85-76. Cincinnati can attribute much of their success to guard David DeJulius, who had 17 points and six assists.
Temple is expected to lose this next one by 8. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-3 against the spread when expected to lose.
The wins brought the Owls up to 14-9 and the Bearcats to 17-9. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Temple has only been able to knock down 40% percent of their shots, which is the seventh lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. Cincinnati's defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39.50%, which places them 21st in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Fifth Third Arena -- Cincinnati, Ohio
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Bearcats are a big 8-point favorite against the Owls, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Bearcats, as the game opened with the Bearcats as a 6.5-point favorite.
Cincinnati have won nine out of their last 12 games against Temple.
- Jan 25, 2022 - Temple 61 vs. Cincinnati 58
- Feb 12, 2021 - Cincinnati 71 vs. Temple 69
- Feb 04, 2021 - Cincinnati 63 vs. Temple 60
- Mar 07, 2020 - Cincinnati 64 vs. Temple 63
- Jan 22, 2020 - Cincinnati 89 vs. Temple 82
- Jan 27, 2019 - Cincinnati 72 vs. Temple 68
- Jan 24, 2018 - Cincinnati 75 vs. Temple 42
- Jan 04, 2018 - Cincinnati 55 vs. Temple 53
- Jan 18, 2017 - Cincinnati 81 vs. Temple 74
- Dec 28, 2016 - Cincinnati 56 vs. Temple 50
- Jan 16, 2016 - Temple 67 vs. Cincinnati 65
- Dec 29, 2015 - Temple 77 vs. Cincinnati 70
Injury Report for Cincinnati
- Sam Martin: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- John Newman III: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Rob Banks: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
Injury Report for Temple
- Jake Forrester: Out (Illness)
- Jeremiah Williams: Out (Shoulder)
- Quincy Ademokoya: Out (Suspension)
- Khalif Battle: Out for the Season (Foot)