VCU @ Davidson
Current Records: VCU 11-6; Davidson 16-2
What to Know
The #25 Davidson Wildcats and the VCU Rams are even-steven against one another since January of 2016 (6-6), but not for long. Davidson and VCU will face off in an Atlantic 10 battle at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Belk Arena. The Wildcats are out to keep their seven-game home win streak alive.
It was a close one, but on Saturday Davidson sidestepped the Fordham Rams for a 69-66 win. It was another big night for Davidson's forward Luka Brajkovic, who had 21 points.
Meanwhile, VCU had enough points to win and then some against the Saint Joseph's Hawks on Saturday, taking their contest 70-54. VCU's forward Vince Williams Jr. looked sharp as he had 21 points in addition to seven rebounds.
The Wildcats are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (9-3), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The wins brought Davidson up to 16-2 and VCU to 11-6. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Davidson comes into the matchup boasting the fifth highest field goal percentage in college basketball at 49.80%. But VCU have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 37.80%, which places them 10th in college basketball. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Belk Arena -- Davidson, North Carolina
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $49.00
The Wildcats are a 3.5-point favorite against the Rams, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wildcats as a 4.5-point favorite.
Davidson and VCU both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Jan 18, 2022 - Davidson 63 vs. VCU 61
- Mar 06, 2021 - VCU 64 vs. Davidson 52
- Feb 27, 2021 - Davidson 65 vs. VCU 57
- Mar 06, 2020 - Davidson 75 vs. VCU 65
- Feb 07, 2020 - VCU 73 vs. Davidson 62
- Jan 12, 2019 - Davidson 64 vs. VCU 57
- Feb 14, 2018 - Davidson 74 vs. VCU 63
- Feb 11, 2017 - VCU 74 vs. Davidson 60
- Jan 14, 2017 - Davidson 69 vs. VCU 63
- Mar 12, 2016 - VCU 76 vs. Davidson 54
- Mar 02, 2016 - VCU 70 vs. Davidson 60
- Jan 29, 2016 - VCU 79 vs. Davidson 69
Injury Report for DavidsonNo Injury Information
Injury Report for VCU
- Jimmy Nichols Jr.: Out (Undisclosed)
- Jamir Watkins: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Jarren McAllister: Out (Knee)