Dayton @ Rhode Island
Current Records: Dayton 17-8; Rhode Island 13-10
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Dayton Flyers will be on the road. The Flyers and the Rhode Island Rams will face off in an Atlantic 10 battle at 9 p.m. ET on Monday at Thomas M. Ryan Center. If the game is anything like their last meeting in January, where Dayton won 53-51, we could be in for a big score.
Dayton made easy work of the George Washington Colonials this past Saturday and carried off an 80-54 win. Dayton got double-digit scores from four players: guard Kobe Elvis (13), forward DaRon Holmes II (12), forward Toumani Camara (12), and guard R.J. Blakney (11).
Meanwhile, Rhode Island beat the Davidson Wildcats 72-65 this past Saturday. Guard Jeremy Sheppard and forward Makhi Mitchell were among the main playmakers for Rhode Island as the former had 23 points and the latter dropped a double-double on 16 points and 11 rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Flyers are expected to win a tight contest. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Dayton is now 17-8 while the Rams sit at 13-10. A couple defensive stats to keep an eye on: Dayton enters the game with only 60.3 points allowed per game on average, good for 12th best in college basketball. As for Rhode Island, they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 38.10%, which places them 10th in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Thomas M. Ryan Center -- Kingston, Rhode Island
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Flyers are a slight 2-point favorite against the Rams, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2-point spread, and stayed right there.
Dayton have won nine out of their last 14 games against Rhode Island.
- Jan 28, 2022 - Dayton 53 vs. Rhode Island 51
- Mar 04, 2021 - Dayton 84 vs. Rhode Island 72
- Feb 16, 2021 - Rhode Island 91 vs. Dayton 89
- Jan 30, 2021 - Dayton 67 vs. Rhode Island 56
- Mar 04, 2020 - Dayton 84 vs. Rhode Island 57
- Feb 11, 2020 - Dayton 81 vs. Rhode Island 67
- Mar 01, 2019 - Rhode Island 72 vs. Dayton 70
- Feb 09, 2019 - Dayton 77 vs. Rhode Island 48
- Feb 23, 2018 - Rhode Island 81 vs. Dayton 56
- Jan 20, 2018 - Rhode Island 88 vs. Dayton 74
- Feb 10, 2017 - Dayton 75 vs. Rhode Island 74
- Jan 06, 2017 - Dayton 67 vs. Rhode Island 64
- Feb 27, 2016 - Rhode Island 75 vs. Dayton 66
- Feb 12, 2016 - Dayton 68 vs. Rhode Island 66
Injury Report for Rhode Island
- Allen Betrand: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Abdou Samb: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Dayton
- Richard Amaefule: Out for the Season (Ankle)
- Lynn Greer III: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)