Missouri State @ Illinois State
Current Records: Missouri State 4-2; Illinois State 3-4
What to Know
The Illinois State Redbirds haven't won a contest against the Missouri State Bears since Feb. 27 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought on Wednesday. Illinois State and MSU will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 8 p.m. ET at Redbird Arena. Both teams come into the game bolstered by wins in their previous games.
The Redbirds beat the Purdue NW Peregrines 81-71 on Saturday.
As for MSU, they have more to be thankful for after their matchup against the George Washington Colonials last Wednesday. MSU had enough points to win and then some against George Washington, taking their game 72-54. Forward Gaige Prim and guard Jaylen Minnett were among the main playmakers for the Bears as the former had 20 points in addition to nine rebounds and three blocks and the latter had 16 points.
Illinois State is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. True fans might be the only ones betting on them, currently 1-4-1 ATS, to cover the spread.
The wins brought the Redbirds up to 3-4 and MSU to 4-2. Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Illinois State enters the matchup with 83.3 points per game on average, good for 27th best in college basketball. The Bears have displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they come into the matchup boasting the 26th highest field goal percentage in college basketball at 49.30%.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Redbird Arena -- Normal, Illinois
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bears are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Redbirds, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bears as a 7.5-point favorite.
Illinois State and Missouri State both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Feb 07, 2021 - Missouri State 72 vs. Illinois State 62
- Feb 06, 2021 - Missouri State 74 vs. Illinois State 67
- Feb 05, 2020 - Missouri State 80 vs. Illinois State 60
- Jan 07, 2020 - Missouri State 67 vs. Illinois State 63
- Feb 27, 2019 - Illinois State 65 vs. Missouri State 57
- Feb 10, 2019 - Missouri State 66 vs. Illinois State 65
- Jan 30, 2018 - Illinois State 76 vs. Missouri State 60
- Jan 07, 2018 - Illinois State 72 vs. Missouri State 68
- Feb 15, 2017 - Illinois State 67 vs. Missouri State 66
- Jan 04, 2017 - Illinois State 74 vs. Missouri State 71
- Jan 30, 2016 - Missouri State 84 vs. Illinois State 81
- Dec 30, 2015 - Illinois State 74 vs. Missouri State 61
Injury Report for Illinois StateNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Missouri State
- Demarcus Sharp: Game-Time Decision (Leg)